Bacon and Onion Tart

mndynthn12

Culinary Explorer
Hola! I just want to share this favorite food of mine the Bacon and Onion Tart. this Bacon and Onion Tart! 🥧🧀 A buttery crust filled with caramelized onions, crispy bacon, and gooey Gruyère cheese, all hugged by a creamy custard. It's a flavor explosion in every bite! Perfect for brunch or dinner. Let's get baking!

Bacon and Onion Tart

Bacon and Onion Tart (1).jpg

Ingredients:

Tart Shell:
  • 1 cup all-purpose flour
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 stick cold unsalted butter, cubed
  • 2 tablespoons cold vegetable shortening, scooped into teaspoon-size pieces
  • 3 tablespoons ice water
Filling:
  • 4 ounces thickly sliced double-smoked bacon, cut crosswise into 1/4-inch strips
  • 1 small onion, halved and very thinly sliced
  • 1 teaspoon pure maple syrup
  • 3 tablespoons crumbled soft goat cheese
  • 2 tablespoons sour cream
  • 1 large egg
  • 1 egg yolk
  • 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
  • 1 1/4 teaspoons fine sea salt
  • 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground white pepper
  • 1 cup heavy cream
  • 3/4 cup shredded Gruyère cheese
Directions:
Make the tart shell:
  1. In a food processor, combine the flour with the salt, butter, and shortening. Process until the dough just begins to come together.
  2. Turn the dough out onto a work surface, gather any crumbs, and pat it into a disk. Refrigerate until chilled.
  3. Roll out the dough and fit it into a tart pan. Prick the bottom with a fork and refrigerate.
  4. Bake the tart shell until lightly golden. Let cool completely.
Meanwhile, make the filling:
  1. Cook the bacon until crisp. Transfer to a paper towel–lined plate.
  2. Cook the onion in the skillet until softened, then add maple syrup and cook until lightly caramelized.
  3. Blend goat cheese, sour cream, egg, egg yolk, allspice, salt, and pepper until smooth. Add heavy cream and pulse to blend.
Assemble the tart:
  1. Scatter onions, bacon, and Gruyère cheese in the tart shell. Pour in the custard.
  2. Bake until golden brown and the center is set. Cool on a rack before serving warm.

Hope you enjoy creating this Bacon and Onion Tart as much as I do! 😊 It's a cozy slice of homemade happiness that never fails to impress. Share it with loved ones and savor those delicious moments together! Bon appétit! 🥧

Hola! I just want to share this favorite food of mine the Bacon and Onion Tart. this Bacon and Onion Tart! 🥧🧀 A buttery crust filled with caramelized onions, crispy bacon, and gooey Gruyère cheese, all hugged by a creamy custard. It's a flavor explosion in every bite! Perfect for brunch or dinner. Let's get baking!

Bacon and Onion Tart

View attachment 2180

Ingredients:

Tart Shell:
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
Filling:
  • 4 ounces thickly sliced double-smoked bacon, cut crosswise into 1/4-inch strips
  • 1 large egg
  • 1 egg yolk
  • 1 cup heavy cream
Directions:
Make the tart shell:
  1. In a food processor, combine the flour with the salt, butter, and shortening. Process until the dough just begins to come together.
  2. Turn the dough out onto a work surface, gather any crumbs, and pat it into a disk. Refrigerate until chilled.
  3. Roll out the dough and fit it into a tart pan. Prick the bottom with a fork and refrigerate.
  2. Cook the onion in the skillet until softened, then add maple syrup and cook until lightly caramelized.
  3. Blend goat cheese, sour cream, egg, egg yolk, allspice, salt, and pepper until smooth. Add heavy cream and pulse to blend.
Assemble the tart:
  1. Scatter onions, bacon, and Gruyère cheese in the tart shell. Pour in the custard.
  2. Bake until golden brown and the center is set. Cool on a rack before serving warm.

Hope you enjoy creating this Bacon and Onion Tart as much as I do! 😊 It's a cozy slice of homemade happiness that never fails to impress. Share it with loved ones and savor those delicious moments together! Bon appétit! 🥧
I think bacon and onion is a classic flavor combination that's hard to resist! 🥓🧅 This tart must be bursting with savory goodness.

Bacon and Onion Tart

View attachment 2180

Ingredients:

Tart Shell:
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
Filling:
  • 1 large egg
  • 1 egg yolk
  • 1 cup heavy cream
Directions:
Make the tart shell:
Assemble the tart:

Bacon and onion tart sounds like a savory delight! 🥓🧅 For a delicious twist, you could try adding some caramelized apples or pears to balance out the savory flavors. Alternatively, a sprinkle of fresh herbs like thyme or rosemary could add a lovely aroma and depth of flavor. Enjoy experimenting with different combinations to create your perfect tart!

Bacon and onion tart sounds like a savory delight! 🥓🧅 For a delicious twist, you could try adding some caramelized apples or pears to balance out the savory flavors. Alternatively, a sprinkle of fresh herbs like thyme or rosemary could add a lovely aroma and depth of flavor. Enjoy experimenting with different combinations to create your perfect tart!
Thanks for the mouthwatering suggestions! 🤤🥓🧅 Adding caramelized apples or pears sounds like a brilliant idea to balance out the savory goodness. And fresh herbs like thyme or rosemary? Yum! Can't wait to get creative and try out these delicious twists on my bacon and onion tart. Appreciate the inspiration! 😊

Back