Baked Chimichangas Recipe

TinkerBell

Culinary Explorer
Hey there, fellow foodies! The first time I tried making Baked Chimichangas, I was blown away by how simple and tasty they turned out. Now, they're a regular go-to for family dinners and gatherings with friends!

Ingredients:
Baked Chimichangas Recipe.jpg

• 1 lb ground beef or turkey
  • 1 small onion, diced
  • 2 cloves garlic, minced
  • 1 teaspoon ground cumin
  • 1 teaspoon chili powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon paprika
  • Salt and pepper, to taste
  • 1 can (15 oz) refried beans
  • 1 cup shredded cheese (cheddar, Monterey Jack, or a blend)
  • 6 large flour tortillas
  • Cooking spray or olive oil, for brushing
Instructions:
  1. Preheat your oven to 425°F (220°C) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
  2. In a large skillet, cook the ground beef or turkey over medium heat until browned, breaking it up with a spoon as it cooks.
  3. Add the diced onion, minced garlic, ground cumin, chili powder, paprika, salt, and pepper to the skillet. Cook for a few minutes until the onion is soft and fragrant.
  4. Stir in the refried beans and cook for another 2-3 minutes until heated through.
  5. Warm the flour tortillas in the microwave for about 20-30 seconds to make them easier to fold.
  6. Divide the beef and bean mixture evenly among the tortillas, placing it in the center of each.
  7. Sprinkle shredded cheese over the filling on each tortilla.
  8. Fold the sides of the tortillas over the filling, then roll them up tightly to form chimichangas.
  9. Place the chimichangas seam-side down on the prepared baking sheet.
  10. Lightly brush the tops of the chimichangas with cooking spray or olive oil.
  11. Bake in the preheated oven for 15-20 minutes, or until golden and crispy.
And there you have it – delicious Baked Chimichangas that are crispy on the outside and packed with flavor on the inside! I'd love to hear about your experience making them, so don't hesitate to share your thoughts and any tasty tweaks you've tried! 🤤🎉

Wow, just made these baked chimichangas for dinner and they were a hit with the whole family! So much flavor packed into every bite, and I love that they're baked instead of fried for a healthier twist. Definitely adding this recipe to our regular rotation! 🌯👌

These baked chimichangas look fantastic! 😍 Can't wait to try making them at home—thanks for sharing the recipe! 👌

Hey! Tried these Baked Chimichangas last weekend and they were a hit! Loved how easy they were to make, and the flavors were spot on. Any tips on adding a spicy kick to them? Thanks for sharing this awesome recipe!

Back