Banh Xeo (Vietnamese Savory Pancake) 🥞🌿

strawberrykiss0325

Culinary Explorer
Hey everyone! 😊I'm excited to share a delightful Vietnamese dish with you: Banh Xeo! These savory pancakes are filled with your choice of protein and veggies, then served with fresh herbs and dipping sauce. They're crispy, flavorful, and perfect for a unique culinary adventure at home! 🥞🌿
Banh Xeo (Vietnamese Savory Pancake).jpg

Ingredients:

• 1 cup rice flour
  • 1/2 cup coconut milk
  • 1 cup water
  • 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 cup thinly sliced pork belly or shrimp (or both!)
  • 1 cup bean sprouts
  • 2 green onions, thinly sliced
  • Fresh herbs (cilantro, mint, basil)
  • Lettuce leaves
  • Dipping sauce (Nuoc Cham)
Instructions:

1. Make the Batter:
    • In a mixing bowl, whisk together the rice flour, coconut milk, water, turmeric powder, and salt until smooth. Let the batter rest for 30 minutes.
  2. Prepare the Fillings:
    • In a skillet over medium heat, cook the sliced pork belly or shrimp until cooked through. Set aside.
    • Heat a bit of oil in a separate skillet over medium-high heat. Add a handful of bean sprouts and green onions, then pour a ladle of the batter over them. Cook until the edges start to crisp up, then add some cooked pork belly or shrimp on one side.
  3. Fold and Serve:
    • Using a spatula, fold the pancake in half to cover the fillings. Let it cook for another minute until crispy and golden brown.
    • Transfer the Banh Xeo to a serving plate. Serve with fresh herbs, lettuce leaves for wrapping, and dipping sauce on the side.

I love how customizable they are with different proteins and veggies. The combination of crispy pancake with fresh herbs and that tasty Nuoc Cham dipping sauce is unbeatable. I’ve never tried making them with coconut milk in the batter before, but it sounds amazing. Definitely going to give your recipe a try next time! 😋✨👌

Hey everyone! 😊I'm excited to share a delightful Vietnamese dish with you: Banh Xeo! These savory pancakes are filled with your choice of protein and veggies, then served with fresh herbs and dipping sauce. They're crispy, flavorful, and perfect for a unique culinary adventure at home! 🥞🌿
View attachment 3271

Ingredients:

• 1 cup rice flour
  • 1/2 cup coconut milk
  • 1 cup water
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1 cup bean sprouts
  • Lettuce leaves
Instructions:

1. Make the Batter:
    • In a mixing bowl, whisk together the rice flour, coconut milk, water, turmeric powder, and salt until smooth. Let the batter rest for 30 minutes.
  2. Prepare the Fillings:
    • In a skillet over medium heat, cook the sliced pork belly or shrimp until cooked through. Set aside.
    • Heat a bit of oil in a separate skillet over medium-high heat. Add a handful of bean sprouts and green onions, then pour a ladle of the batter over them. Cook until the edges start to crisp up, then add some cooked pork belly or shrimp on one side.
  3. Fold and Serve:
    • Using a spatula, fold the pancake in half to cover the fillings. Let it cook for another minute until crispy and golden brown.
    • Transfer the Banh Xeo to a serving plate. Serve with fresh herbs, lettuce leaves for wrapping, and dipping sauce on the side.
Banh Xeo is one of my favorites! I love the crispy texture and the flavorful filling. Can't wait to try this recipe at home. Thanks for sharing! 🍽️🌿

View attachment 3271

Ingredients:

• 1 cup rice flour
  • 1/2 cup coconut milk
  • 1 cup water
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1 cup bean sprouts
  • Lettuce leaves
Instructions:

1. Make the Batter:
  2. Prepare the Fillings:
  3. Fold and Serve:
I tried making Banh Xeo once, but mine turned out soggy and bland. 😔 Any tips to get that crispy, flavorful texture?

Just cooked up some Banh Xeo (Vietnamese savory pancakes) and they're a taste sensation! Crispy on the outside, soft on the inside, filled with shrimp, pork, and bean sprouts, all wrapped in fresh herbs. A flavor explosion in every bite! 🥞🌿😋

Back