Beignets 🌯, a perfect treat for any time 💯

beni

Tasty Apprentice
I absolutely adore beignets! These warm, powdered sugar-covered pastries are a New Orleans classic. I perfected a simple and delicious recipe that pairs perfectly with a café au lait. You've got to try it! Let me share the recipe with you.

Ingredients
Beignets.jpg

• 1 (.25 ounce) package active dry yeast
  • 1 ½ cups warm water (110 degrees F/45 degrees C)
  • 1 cup evaporated milk
  • ½ cup white sugar
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 7 cups all-purpose flour, divided
  • ¼ cup shortening
  • 1 quart vegetable oil for frying
  • ¼ cup confectioners' sugar
Directions
  1. Dissolve the yeast in warm water. Pour into a large bowl and stir in evaporated milk, white sugar, eggs, and salt. Add 4 cups flour and beat until smooth.
  2. Mix in shortening. Mix in remaining 3 cups flour. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours, or up to 24 hours.
  3. Roll dough out on floured surface to 1/8-inch thick. Cut into 2 1/2-inch squares.
  4. Heat oil in a deep pot to 360 degrees F (180 degrees C).
  5. Fry beignets in batches until browned and puffed. (If beignets sink and do not pop up, oil is not hot enough.) Remove from oil with a slotted spoon and drain on paper towels.
  6. Shake confectioners' sugar over hot beignets and serve immediately.
Don't miss out on these delicious beignets! They're so tasty and irresistible. Treat yourself to a sweet and delightful snack that will surely brighten up your day. Go ahead, indulge and savor every bite!

These beignets look absolutely irresistible! 😋Reminds me of strolling through the streets of New Orleans, indulging in these delightful treats. Can't wait to whip up a batch and bring a taste of the French Quarter right to my kitchen.🍩✨

Beignets are indeed a delightful treat! 🍩✨ Your perfected recipe sounds like a taste of New Orleans heaven—warm, powdered sugar-covered pastries paired with a café au lait sounds like the perfect indulgence. I'd love to try your recipe—please do share, and let's enjoy these delicious treats together! 😋☕

Beignets, the perfect treat for any time! 💯 These fluffy, fried pastries are simply irresistible. Time to indulge and savor every delicious bite! 🎉

These beignets look absolutely irresistible! 😋Reminds me of strolling through the streets of New Orleans, indulging in these delightful treats. Can't wait to whip up a batch and bring a taste of the French Quarter right to my kitchen.🍩✨
I'm thrilled you're excited about the beignets! Get ready for homemade deliciousness! 😊🍩✨

Beignets are indeed a delightful treat! 🍩✨ Your perfected recipe sounds like a taste of New Orleans heaven—warm, powdered sugar-covered pastries paired with a café au lait sounds like the perfect indulgence. I'd love to try your recipe—please do share, and let's enjoy these delicious treats together! 😋☕
I'm so glad you're excited for the beignets! 🍩✨

Beignets, the perfect treat for any time! 💯 These fluffy, fried pastries are simply irresistible. Time to indulge and savor every delicious bite! 🎉
Of course! Treat yourself to the pure joy of fluffy beignets. Savor every heavenly bite and satisfy that sweet craving. Enjoy! 🍩✨

I absolutely adore beignets! These warm, powdered sugar-covered pastries are a New Orleans classic. I perfected a simple and delicious recipe that pairs perfectly with a café au lait. You've got to try it! Let me share the recipe with you.

Ingredients
936×936
220.6 kB

View attachment 1404
  • 1 (.25 ounce) package active dry yeast
  • 1 ½ cups warm water (110 degrees F/45 degrees C)
  • 1 cup evaporated milk
  • ½ cup white sugar
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 7 cups all-purpose flour, divided
  • ¼ cup shortening
  • 1 quart vegetable oil for frying
  • ¼ cup confectioners' sugar
Directions
  1. Dissolve the yeast in warm water. Pour into a large bowl and stir in evaporated milk, white sugar, eggs, and salt. Add 4 cups flour and beat until smooth.
  2. Mix in shortening. Mix in remaining 3 cups flour. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours, or up to 24 hours.
  3. Roll dough out on floured surface to 1/8-inch thick. Cut into 2 1/2-inch squares.
  4. Heat oil in a deep pot to 360 degrees F (180 degrees C).
  5. Fry beignets in batches until browned and puffed. (If beignets sink and do not pop up, oil is not hot enough.) Remove from oil with a slotted spoon and drain on paper towels.
  6. Shake confectioners' sugar over hot beignets and serve immediately.
Don't miss out on these delicious beignets! They're so tasty and irresistible. Treat yourself to a sweet and delightful snack that will surely brighten up your day. Go ahead, indulge and savor every bite!
OH WOW! Can't wait to try this classic pastry🤤😋

Back