Best Tava Recipe

Stark

Culinary Explorer
Hey everyone! 🍳 If you love bold spices and veggies, you’ve got to try this traditional tava dish! It’s a simple, flavorful stir-fry that comes together quickly. Perfect for a hearty meal!
1200×793
216.7 kB

Tava.jpg

Ingredients:

• 2 tbsp vegetable oil
  • 1 onion, finely chopped
  • 2 garlic cloves, minced
  • 1 tsp ginger, minced
  • 1 cup diced bell peppers
  • 1 cup diced potatoes
  • 1 cup diced tomatoes
  • 1/2 cup peas
  • 1 tsp cumin seeds
  • 1 tsp turmeric
  • 1 tsp red chili powder (adjust to taste)
  • 1 tsp garam masala
  • Salt to taste
  • Fresh cilantro for garnish
  • Lemon wedges (optional)
Instructions:
  1. Sauté Aromatics: Heat oil in a large pan or tava over medium heat. Add cumin seeds and let them sizzle for a few seconds. Then add the onion, garlic, and ginger, sautéing until the onion is golden.
  2. Cook the Vegetables: Add the diced bell peppers, potatoes, and peas to the pan. Stir in the turmeric, red chili powder, and salt. Cook for about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables are tender.
  3. Add Tomatoes and Spices: Stir in the diced tomatoes and garam masala. Cook for another 5-7 minutes, allowing the tomatoes to soften and the spices to meld.
  4. Garnish and Serve: Once everything is cooked through, garnish with fresh cilantro and serve with lemon wedges on the side.
Great with naan, roti, or even on its own!

Ooooh, that tava recipe sounds like a total flavor bomb! I’m definitely down to try it with naan, I can already imagine those bold spices and veggies coming together. Thanks for sharing this gem, you just made my dinner plans 😋

Back