Black Eyed Peas Recipe

Alfredo

Culinary Explorer
Hey everyone, I want to introduce you to a classic and comforting dish: Black Eyed Peas Recipe! 🍲🎉 Perfect for bringing luck and flavor to any meal. Let's dive in and cook up some deliciousness! 😋👩‍🍳

Ingredients:
1716256651647.png

• 2 cups dried black-eyed peas
  • 6 cups water
  • 1 onion, diced
    375×378
    372.3 kB
  • 2 cloves garlic, minced
  • 2 tablespoons olive oil
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
  • Optional: smoked ham hock or bacon for added flavor
  • Optional seasonings: paprika, cumin, bay leaves

Instructions:
  1. Prepare the Peas: Rinse the dried black-eyed peas under cold water and remove any debris or stones.
  2. Soak the Peas (Optional): Soak the black-eyed peas in water overnight, or for at least 6 hours. This step can help reduce cooking time and improve digestibility, but it's optional.
  3. Sauté Onion and Garlic: In a large pot or Dutch oven, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the diced onion and minced garlic, and sauté until soft and fragrant, about 5 minutes.
  4. Add Peas and Water: If you soaked the peas, drain and rinse them. Add the black-eyed peas to the pot along with 6 cups of water. If using, add the smoked ham hock or bacon for extra flavor.
  5. Season: Season the peas with salt, black pepper, and any additional seasonings you prefer, such as paprika, cumin, or bay leaves.
  6. Simmer: Bring the pot to a boil, then reduce the heat to low and let the peas simmer, partially covered, for about 45 minutes to 1 hour, or until tender. Stir occasionally and add more water if needed to keep the peas covered.
  7. Serve: Once the black-eyed peas are tender and the flavors have melded together, remove the pot from the heat. Serve the peas hot as a side dish, or as a main course with rice or cornbread

Enjoy your homemade Black Eyed Peas!

Black Eyed Peas are a classic and versatile dish, perfect for bringing luck and flavor to any meal. Whether simple or jazzed up with seasonings, it's sure to warm the belly and soul. Can't wait to try it! 🍲🎉

Black Eyed Peas are a Southern staple that's packed with flavor and nutrients! Whether served as a side dish or as the main course, they're hearty, wholesome, and oh-so-delicious. 🍽️🌿😋

Black Eyed Peas Recipe? Count me intrigued! 😋 Can't wait to try this hearty dish and add some southern flavor to my meal rotation! Thanks for sharing the recipe inspiration!

I love the simplicity of the ingredients and the flexibility with optional additions like smoked ham hock or bacon. Can't wait to try it out! Thanks for sharing!

Black eyed peas recipe? 🥘🖤 Cook dried black-eyed peas with onions, garlic, and spices until tender, then serve as a flavorful side dish or main course, perfect for bringing good luck and prosperity in the New Year or any time you're craving a hearty and nutritious meal!

Back