Bohemian Kolaches

Klaire_Desteen

Culinary Explorer
Bohemian Kolaches.jpg
Hey everyone! I'm thrilled to share with you a cherished family recipe for Bohemian Kolaches, a treat that brings back fond memories of my childhood. These sweet pastries were a staple in our home, lovingly made by my grandma nearly every week.

Ingredients:
  • 1 package active dry yeast
  • 1/4 cup warm water
  • 1 cup warm milk
  • 1/2 cup granulated sugar
  • 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
  • 2 large eggs
  • 4 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • Your favorite fruit preserves or pie filling
  • Powdered sugar for dusting (optional)
Instructions:
  1. In a small bowl, dissolve the yeast in warm water and let it sit for 5 minutes until frothy.
  2. In a large mixing bowl, combine the warm milk, granulated sugar, melted butter, and eggs.
  3. Stir in the yeast mixture until well combined.
  4. Gradually add the flour and salt to the wet ingredients, stirring until a soft dough forms.
  5. Knead the dough on a lightly floured surface for about 5 minutes until smooth and elastic.
  6. Place the dough in a greased bowl, cover with a clean kitchen towel, and let it rise in a warm place for about 1 hour or until doubled in size.
  7. Once the dough has risen, punch it down and divide it into equal-sized portions.
  8. Roll each portion into a ball and place them on greased baking sheets, leaving space between each ball.
  9. Make an indentation in the center of each dough ball with your thumb, then fill it with your favorite fruit preserves or pie filling.
  10. Let the filled kolaches rise for an additional 30 minutes.
  11. Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C).
  12. Bake the kolaches in the preheated oven for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown.
  13. Optional: Dust the warm kolaches with powdered sugar before serving.
I hope you enjoy making these Bohemian Kolaches as much as my family does!✨

View attachment 3220Hey everyone! I'm thrilled to share with you a cherished family recipe for Bohemian Kolaches, a treat that brings back fond memories of my childhood. These sweet pastries were a staple in our home, lovingly made by my grandma nearly every week.

Ingredients:
  • 1 package active dry yeast
  • 1/4 cup warm water
  • 1 cup warm milk
  • 1/2 cup granulated sugar
  • 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
  • 2 large eggs
  • 4 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • Your favorite fruit preserves or pie filling
  • Powdered sugar for dusting (optional)
Instructions:
  1. In a small bowl, dissolve the yeast in warm water and let it sit for 5 minutes until frothy.
  2. In a large mixing bowl, combine the warm milk, granulated sugar, melted butter, and eggs.
  3. Stir in the yeast mixture until well combined.
  4. Gradually add the flour and salt to the wet ingredients, stirring until a soft dough forms.
  5. Knead the dough on a lightly floured surface for about 5 minutes until smooth and elastic.
  6. Place the dough in a greased bowl, cover with a clean kitchen towel, and let it rise in a warm place for about 1 hour or until doubled in size.
  7. Once the dough has risen, punch it down and divide it into equal-sized portions.
  8. Roll each portion into a ball and place them on greased baking sheets, leaving space between each ball.
  9. Make an indentation in the center of each dough ball with your thumb, then fill it with your favorite fruit preserves or pie filling.
  10. Let the filled kolaches rise for an additional 30 minutes.
  11. Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C).
  12. Bake the kolaches in the preheated oven for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown.
  13. Optional: Dust the warm kolaches with powdered sugar before serving.
I hope you enjoy making these Bohemian Kolaches as much as my family does!✨
Yum, Bohemian Kolaches! These look amazing. Remind me of my grandmother's baking. Definitely trying this recipe soon! 😋🍞

Your Bohemian Kolaches recipe looks absolutely delightful! I can't resist those sweet fruit fillings nestled in soft, pillowy dough. It's like a taste of tradition and comfort in every bite. Excited to try making these at home! Thanks for sharing your delicious recipe with us!

Back