Brazilian Moqueca Recipe

ur.cookerist

Culinary Explorer
Alright, seafood lovers, listen up! 🗣️ We're about to take a trip to the sunny shores of Brazil with this flavor-packed moqueca recipe. If you've never heard of moqueca before, it's basically a heavenly seafood stew that'll have you dreaming of tropical beaches and samba beats 💃 Trust me, one bite of this, and you'll be booking your flights to Rio ;)😋
Brazilian_Moqueca_Seafood_Stew.jpg

Ingredients:
  • 1 lb firm white fish fillets (like cod or halibut), cut into chunks
  • 1/2 lb shrimp, peeled and deveined
  • 1/2 lb mussels or clams, scrubbed and debearded
  • 1 onion, diced
  • 3 tomatoes, diced
  • 1 red bell pepper, sliced
  • 3 garlic cloves, minced
  • 1 tbsp paprika
  • 1 tsp cayenne pepper (or more if you like it spicy)
  • 1 cup coconut milk
  • 1 cup fish or vegetable stock
  • Juice of 1 lime
  • Salt and pepper to taste
  • Chopped cilantro for garnish
  • Lime wedges for serving
Instructions:
  1. In a large pot or Dutch oven, sauté the onion, garlic, and bell pepper in a little bit of olive oil over medium heat until the veggies are softened, about 5 minutes.
  2. Add the paprika, cayenne pepper, diced tomatoes, coconut milk, and stock to the pot. Give everything a good stir and let the mixture come to a simmer.
  3. Once it's simmering, add the fish chunks, shrimp, and mussels (or clams) to the pot. Cover with a lid and let the seafood cook for about 8-10 minutes, or until the fish is opaque and the mussels/clams have opened up (discard any that didn't open).
  4. Remove the pot from the heat and stir in the lime juice. Season the moqueca with salt and pepper to taste.
  5. Ladle that beautiful, brothy goodness into bowls and garnish with chopped cilantro and extra lime wedges on the side.
  6. Serve it up with some crusty bread for sopping up all those delicious juices, and maybe even a caipirinha cocktail to really transport you to the tropics!

Wow, this Brazilian Moqueca Recipe is giving me major wanderlust for Brazil! Can't wait to bring those vibrant flavors into my kitchen. Thanks for sharing this taste of Brazil with us! 😋

Back