Brazo de Mercedes

KarenDeel

Culinary Explorer
Hey everyone, I'm thrilled to share a cherished family recipe passed down from my dear aunt: Brazo de Mercedes! 🥚🍰 She's the one who taught me how to make it, and it's been my absolute favorite ever since. 💖 This delightful dessert is a roll of pillowy meringue filled with creamy goodness—a true crowd-pleaser for any occasion. Let's whip up a batch together and savor the sweet memories! 🎉👩‍🍳

Here's the recipe for Brazo de Mercedes:
Ingredients:

Brazo de Mercedes (2).jpg

• 10 large eggs, separated into yolks and whites
  • 1/2 teaspoon of cream of tartar
  • 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
  • 3/4 cup of granulated sugar
  • 3 tablespoons of confectioners sugar
  • 14 ounces of condensed milk
Instructions:
  1. In a large bowl, beat the egg whites and cream of tartar using an electric mixer until soft peaks form.
  2. Gradually add the granulated sugar while continuing to mix, until the texture becomes semi-firm.
  3. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
  4. Grease a cookie sheet or large rectangular baking pan and line it with wax paper.
  5. Spread the meringue evenly on the greased wax paper using a spatula.
  6. Bake the meringue for 20 to 22 minutes, or until the top turns light to medium brown.
  7. While the meringue is baking, make the filling by combining the egg yolks and condensed milk in a small cooking pot. Cook over low heat, stirring continuously, until the mixture thickens.
  8. Add the vanilla extract to the condensed milk and egg yolk mixture, then turn off the heat and mix well. Set aside.
  9. Once the meringue is baked, allow it to cool for a few minutes.
  10. Sprinkle the confectioners sugar on top of the meringue. Then, place another sheet of wax paper on top, followed by a baking tray of similar size, sandwiching the meringue between the two trays.
  11. Flip the meringue so that the new tray is now on the bottom. Remove the top tray and wax paper, revealing the opposite side of the baked meringue.
  12. Spread the filling evenly over the meringue.
  13. Roll the meringue tightly, starting from the longest side, ensuring that the layer with the filling is rolled inward.
  14. Transfer the rolled meringue to a serving plate and serve.
  15. Slice, share, and enjoy this delicious Brazo de Mercedes with your loved ones! 🎉🥚🍰

I hope you enjoy making and sharing this special dessert as much as I do! 🥰🍰 Whether it's for a family gathering or a cozy night in, Brazo de Mercedes always brings smiles and joy. 💕✨ Let's keep the tradition alive and continue making sweet memories together! 🎉👩‍🍳

Definitely adding this up to the list of desserts I would want to try this summer! Best for a cozy night in with friends. Thank you for this! 🥰

Brazo de Mercedes - a heavenly Filipino dessert that's as delightful to make as it is to eat! 🇵🇭💫 Indulge in the fluffy meringue wrapped around a creamy custard filling for a sweet treat that's simply irresistible!

Brazo de Mercedes - a heavenly Filipino dessert that's as delightful to make as it is to eat! 🇵🇭💫 Indulge in the fluffy meringue wrapped around a creamy custard filling for a sweet treat that's simply irresistible!
Oh, I couldn't agree more! Brazo de Mercedes is such a divine dessert! 😋🇵🇭 The contrast between the fluffy meringue and the creamy custard filling is just heavenly. It's definitely a labor of love to make, but so worth it for that delightful taste! 💕

Wow, your family recipe for Brazo de Mercedes looks amazing! I love how it's filled with creamy goodness. Do you have any tricks for making sure the meringue turns out fluffy every time? 😀

Back