Brown Sugar Meatloaf with Ketchup Glaze Recipe

Kiriya Ubuyashiki

Culinary Explorer
Hey y'all! Today, I’m super excited to share this comfort food classic that’s a total crowd-pleaser. This Brown Sugar Meatloaf is juicy, flavorful, and topped with a sweet and tangy ketchup glaze that’ll have everyone asking for seconds. It's super easy to make, and it’s the perfect dish for family dinners or when you’re just craving something hearty and satisfying. Trust me, this meatloaf is about to become your go-to recipe! 🍽️❤️

Brown Sugar Meatloaf with Ketchup Glaze.jpg

Ingredients:
  • ½ cup ketchup
  • ½ cup packed brown sugar
  • 1 ½ teaspoons salt
  • ½ teaspoon chili powder
  • 1 ½ pounds lean ground beef
  • 1 ½ cups croutons, crushed
  • 1 small onion, chopped
  • 2 eggs
  • ¼ cup milk
  • ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
Instructions:
  1. Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C) and lightly grease a 9x5-inch loaf pan.
  2. In a small bowl, mix together the ketchup, brown sugar, salt, and chili powder until smooth.
  3. Spread a small amount of the ketchup mixture into the bottom of the prepared loaf pan.
  4. In a large bowl, combine the ground beef, crushed croutons, chopped onion, eggs, milk, and black pepper. Mix everything together until well combined.
  5. Shape the mixture into a loaf and place it into the pan. Spread the remaining ketchup mixture evenly over the top.
  6. Bake in the preheated oven for about 1 hour, or until the center is no longer pink. The internal temperature should reach at least 160°F (70°C).
  7. Let the meatloaf rest for a few minutes before slicing and serving.

Enjoy your delicious, homemade meatloaf with that irresistible brown sugar glaze! 😋🍖✨

Hope you enjoy making and eating this!​

This Brown Sugar Meatloaf with Ketchup Glaze sounds like a total comfort food classic! The glaze must add such a delicious sweet twist. Can't wait to dig in and savor every bite!

Hi! I think brown sugar adds a nice sweetness to meatloaf that pairs perfectly with the tangy ketchup glaze. 🍖🍬 Though, for extra flavor, you could add a bit of garlic or onion powder to the mix!

Back