Butternut Squash Parmesan Biscuit Recipe

hoyeon

Culinary Explorer
Hi everyone! I wanted to share this delightful recipe I recently tried. These Butternut Squash Parmesan Biscuits are perfect for a cozy fall meal or just as a comforting snack. They’re soft, cheesy, and have a hint of sweetness from the squash. I hope you love them as much as I do!

Ingredients:

• 1 cup butternut squash, roasted and mashed
  • 2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 tbsp baking powder
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1/2 tsp black pepper
  • 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
  • 1/2 cup cold butter, cut into small cubes
  • 1/2 cup milk (or buttermilk for extra richness)
  • 1 egg (for brushing on top)
Instructions:

1. Preheat your oven to 400°F (200°C) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
  2. Mix the dry ingredients: In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, salt, and pepper.
  3. Cut in the butter: Add the cold butter to the flour mixture. Use a pastry cutter or your fingers to work the butter into the flour until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
  4. Add cheese and squash: Stir in the Parmesan cheese and mashed butternut squash. Mix until just combined.
  5. Add milk: Pour in the milk and gently mix until the dough comes together. It should be slightly sticky.
  6. Shape the biscuits: Turn the dough out onto a floured surface and pat it to about 1-inch thickness. Use a biscuit cutter or a glass to cut out biscuits.
  7. Brush with egg: Place the biscuits on the prepared baking sheet and brush the tops with the beaten egg.
  8. Bake: Bake for 12-15 minutes, or until the biscuits are golden brown on top and cooked through.
  9. Cool and enjoy: Let the biscuits cool slightly on a wire rack before serving. They’re perfect with a bit of butter or even just on their own!
Let me know if you try these out or if you have any tweaks to suggest. Enjoy the cozy vibes! 😊🍽️
Butternut Squash Parmesan Biscuit Recipe.jpg

This recipe sounds like a cozy fall treat! 🍂 The combination of butternut squash and parmesan in a biscuit is genius—must be so flavorful. Can't wait to try this out with a warm bowl of soup. Thanks for sharing such a delicious idea! 🧡🍞

Back