Caramelized Onion and Pear Pizza

frustratedcook

Culinary Explorer
Hey everyone! 👋 I stumbled upon this amazing recipe for Caramelized Onion and Pear Pizza and just had to share it with you all! It's a unique twist on pizza that's both delicious and surprisingly easy to make. Give it a try and let me know what you think! 🍕😊
Caramelized Onion and Pear Pizza.jpg

Ingredients:

• 1 pizza dough (store-bought or homemade)
  • 2 tablespoons olive oil
  • 2 large onions, thinly sliced
  • 2 ripe pears, thinly sliced
  • 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
  • 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese
  • Fresh thyme leaves for garnish
  • Salt and pepper to taste

Instructions:
  1. Preheat your oven to 425°F (220°C).
  2. Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the sliced onions and cook, stirring occasionally, until caramelized and golden brown, about 20-25 minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
  3. Roll out the pizza dough on a lightly floured surface to your desired thickness.
  4. Transfer the dough to a lightly greased pizza pan or baking sheet.
  5. Spread the caramelized onions evenly over the pizza dough.
  6. Arrange the sliced pears on top of the onions.
  7. Sprinkle the shredded mozzarella cheese over the pears and onions.
  8. Crumble the blue cheese over the pizza.
  9. Bake in the preheated oven for 15-20 minutes, or until the crust is golden brown and the cheese is bubbly and melted.
  10. Remove from the oven and let cool slightly before slicing.
  11. Garnish with fresh thyme leaves before serving.
  12. Enjoy your unique and delicious Caramelized Onion and Pear Pizza!

YAY! Sweet and savory combo on pizza is genius, gotta try this with some crumbled blue cheese on top for an extra flavor punch :love:🍕🧀

I love the combination of sweet pears and savory onions on a pizza! 🍐🧅 This recipe looks delicious. One thing I might do differently is sprinkle some chopped walnuts over the top for added crunch

Back