Carrot Churros: A Sweet Twist

Klaire_Desteen

Culinary Explorer
Hey everyone! I recently stumbled upon a unique twist on a classic treat - carrot churros! These delightful delights combine the sweetness of carrots with the crispy goodness of churros. Trust me, they're a game-changer!

Ingredients:
  • 1 cup grated carrots
  • 1 cup water
  • 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
  • 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1 cup all-purpose flour
  • 2 eggs
  • 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • Vegetable oil, for frying
  • Cinnamon sugar, for coating
Instructions:
Carrot Churros.jpg

1. In a saucepan, combine grated carrots, water, butter, sugar, and salt. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
  2. Remove from heat and stir in the flour until well combined and a dough forms.
  3. Let the dough cool slightly, then beat in the eggs, one at a time, and add vanilla extract. Mix until smooth.
  4. Heat vegetable oil in a deep skillet or pot to 350°F (175°C).
  5. Transfer the dough to a piping bag fitted with a star tip. Pipe 4-inch strips of dough into the hot oil, cutting them with scissors.
  6. Fry the churros until golden brown and crispy, about 3-4 minutes per side. Drain on paper towels.
  7. Roll the warm churros in cinnamon sugar until coated.
  8. Serve the carrot churros warm and enjoy the unique twist on this classic treat!
They're a fun and flavorful way to incorporate veggies into your dessert 🥕✨

Thanks for sharing this recipe, gonna give these carrot churros a shot. Always down for something different, and this seems like a sweet twist! 😋👍

That sounds like such a unique and delicious twist on a classic treat! I love the idea of incorporating veggies into a sweet dish. I'm definitely intrigued to give this recipe a try. Thanks for sharing! 🥕🍩 😉👍✨

Carrot Churros: A Sweet Twist – I'm intrigued! 😍 Such a creative way to sneak in some veggies into a classic treat. Can't wait to try these out and indulge in a guilt-free dessert. Thanks for sharing this unique recipe!

Back