Cheese Stuffed Shells

clintonbee

Novice Foodie
stuffed-shells-no-text.jpg

I recently tried out this recipe for Cheese Stuffed Shells, and let me tell you, it’s comfort food at its best. The combination of creamy ricotta, melted mozzarella, and savory marinara sauce baked into tender pasta shells is just irresistible. It’s the kind of dish that feels like a warm hug on a plate. Here’s how you can make it yourself:

Ingredients:​

• 12 oz jumbo pasta shells
  • 2 cups ricotta cheese
  • 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
  • 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
  • 1 large egg
  • 2 cups marinara sauce
  • 2 cloves garlic, minced
  • 1 tbsp fresh basil, chopped (optional)
  • Salt and pepper, to taste

Instructions:​

1. Cook the pasta shells: Start by boiling a large pot of salted water. Add the jumbo pasta shells and cook according to the package instructions until al dente. Drain and set aside to cool slightly.
  2. Prepare the cheese filling: In a mixing bowl, combine the ricotta, mozzarella, Parmesan, egg, minced garlic, salt, and pepper. Mix until well combined. If you like a little extra flavor, toss in some fresh basil.
  3. Stuff the shells: Once the shells are cool enough to handle, spoon the cheese mixture into each shell, filling them generously.
  4. Assemble the dish: Spread a cup of marinara sauce in the bottom of a baking dish. Arrange the stuffed shells in the dish, open side up. Pour the remaining marinara sauce over the top of the shells.
  5. Bake: Cover the dish with foil and bake in a preheated oven at 375°F (190°C) for about 25 minutes. Remove the foil and bake for another 10 minutes, or until the cheese is bubbly and slightly golden.
  6. Serve: Let the shells cool for a few minutes before serving. Garnish with extra Parmesan or fresh basil if you like.

Conclusion:​

This dish is perfect for a cozy dinner or even for entertaining guests. The flavors meld together beautifully, and it’s surprisingly easy to make. Plus, it’s a hit with both kids and adults alike. If you’re looking for something satisfying and delicious, these Cheese Stuffed Shells are a must-try! 😋

I love making stuffed shells, and your recipe looks like a winner. The combo of ricotta, mozzarella, and marinara is just pure comfort food bliss. I’m definitely going to give this a try—especially with that hint of fresh basil. Thanks for sharing! 🌿

Back