Chicken and Sweet Potato Skillet with Smoky Maple-Dijon Sauce

avodahking

Novice Foodie
Hey foodies!

I just had to share this incredible recipe that's been making waves in my kitchen lately. It's a Chicken and Sweet Potato Skillet with Smoky Maple-Dijon Sauce that's seriously out of this world. Trust me, once you try it, there's no turning back!

Ingredients:

• 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
  • 2 medium-sized sweet potatoes, peeled and diced
  • 1 tablespoon olive oil
  • Salt and pepper to taste
  • 1 teaspoon paprika
  • 1 teaspoon garlic powder
  • ½ teaspoon dried thyme
  • ½ cup chicken broth
  • 2 tablespoons maple syrup
  • 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
  • 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
  • 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
  • Chopped fresh parsley for garnish
Instructions:

1. Prep the Chicken: Start by seasoning your chicken breasts with a mix of salt, pepper, paprika, garlic powder, and dried thyme. Make sure to coat both sides evenly.
  2. Cook the Chicken: Heat up some olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add in your seasoned chicken breasts and let them cook for about 5-6 minutes on each side until they're beautifully golden brown and fully cooked through. Once done, transfer them to a plate and set aside.
  3. Cook the Sweet Potatoes: Now, using the same skillet, throw in your diced sweet potatoes. Season them with a pinch of salt and pepper and let them cook for around 8-10 minutes until they're tender and slightly browned.
  4. Make the Sauce: While your sweet potatoes are sizzling away, take a small bowl and whisk together your chicken broth, maple syrup, Dijon mustard, apple cider vinegar, and smoked paprika. This is where the magic happens!
  5. Simmer: Pour your sauce mixture into the skillet with the sweet potatoes and let it all simmer together for a few minutes until it thickens up nicely.
  6. Return Chicken to Skillet: Once your sauce has reached the perfect consistency, pop those chicken breasts back into the skillet. Spoon some of that delicious sauce over the top and let everything mingle together for a few more minutes.
  7. Finish and Serve: Sprinkle some chopped fresh parsley over the top for a pop of color and flavor, and then you're ready to dig in! Serve up your Chicken and Sweet Potato Skillet with Smoky Maple-Dijon Sauce piping hot and get ready for some serious compliments.
Trust me, this dish is an absolute winner and sure to become a regular in your recipe rotation. Give it a try and let me know what you think! Who's up for trying this out? Let's swap cooking stories and tips! 🍽️👩‍🍳

Chicken and Sweet Potato Skillet with Smoky Maple-Dijon Sauce.jpg

OMG! 🤩🍗🍠 The flavors are insane! Perfect blend of sweet & smoky! Plus, it's so easy to make! 🙌 Let's embrace the deliciousness together, guys! Who's with me? 💁‍♀️

Hey foodies!

I just had to share this incredible recipe that's been making waves in my kitchen lately. It's a Chicken and Sweet Potato Skillet with Smoky Maple-Dijon Sauce that's seriously out of this world. Trust me, once you try it, there's no turning back!

Ingredients:

• 1 tablespoon olive oil
  • 1 teaspoon paprika
  • ½ teaspoon dried thyme
  • ½ cup chicken broth
Instructions:

1. Prep the Chicken: Start by seasoning your chicken breasts with a mix of salt, pepper, paprika, garlic powder, and dried thyme. Make sure to coat both sides evenly.
  2. Cook the Chicken: Heat up some olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add in your seasoned chicken breasts and let them cook for about 5-6 minutes on each side until they're beautifully golden brown and fully cooked through. Once done, transfer them to a plate and set aside.
  3. Cook the Sweet Potatoes: Now, using the same skillet, throw in your diced sweet potatoes. Season them with a pinch of salt and pepper and let them cook for around 8-10 minutes until they're tender and slightly browned.
  4. Make the Sauce: While your sweet potatoes are sizzling away, take a small bowl and whisk together your chicken broth, maple syrup, Dijon mustard, apple cider vinegar, and smoked paprika. This is where the magic happens!
  5. Simmer: Pour your sauce mixture into the skillet with the sweet potatoes and let it all simmer together for a few minutes until it thickens up nicely.
  6. Return Chicken to Skillet: Once your sauce has reached the perfect consistency, pop those chicken breasts back into the skillet. Spoon some of that delicious sauce over the top and let everything mingle together for a few more minutes.
  7. Finish and Serve: Sprinkle some chopped fresh parsley over the top for a pop of color and flavor, and then you're ready to dig in! Serve up your Chicken and Sweet Potato Skillet with Smoky Maple-Dijon Sauce piping hot and get ready for some serious compliments.
Trust me, this dish is an absolute winner and sure to become a regular in your recipe rotation. Give it a try and let me know what you think! Who's up for trying this out? Let's swap cooking stories and tips! 🍽️👩‍🍳

View attachment 23
Though, if you're looking to tweak the recipe, you could try adding some greens like spinach or kale for extra nutrients and color. 🥬

Hey foodies!

Ingredients:

• 1 tablespoon olive oil
  • 1 teaspoon paprika
  • ½ teaspoon dried thyme
  • ½ cup chicken broth
Instructions:

View attachment 23
Tried this for dinner and it was fantastic! The smoky maple-Dijon sauce really ties everything together. 🍗🍠🥓

Back