Chicken Fried Rice Recipe

JulieBaker

Culinary Explorer
Hey there! So, this morning I was rummaging through my fridge, trying to figure out what to cook for breakfast. ,I found some leftover rice, a few veggies, and some chicken staring back at me. And you know what that means – Chicken Fried Rice time! so here it goes..

easy chicken fried rice.jpg

Ingredients:
  • Chicken: I usually recommend boneless, bite-size pieces for this quick mix.
  • Rice: the golden rule for any Fried Rice recipe is to use leftover, thick rice (we’ll discuss below) but you can use fresh or any kind of rice that’s available with you.
  • Mix of Seasonal Veggies: you can pick any veggies your family likes. I use fresh vegetables but frozen vegetables are fine too.
  • Egg: It adds so much flavor and creaminess to this delicious dish.
  • Spicy Chinese Sauce Mix: it’s a mix of 3 extremely common Chinese sauces and you can make this mix and keep for later use too.
Instructions:
  1. Prep the Rice: If you don't have leftover rice, no worries! Cook some rice and spread it out on a baking sheet to cool while you prep everything else. 🍚
  2. Sauté the Chicken: In a hot skillet, cook the chicken until it's golden brown and cooked through. Set it aside. 🍗
  3. Veggie Magic: In the same skillet, throw in your veggies and cook until they're tender yet still crisp. 🥦
  4. Egg-citing Addition: Push the veggies to one side of the skillet and crack the egg into the other side. Scramble it up until it's cooked, then mix it all together. 🍳
  5. Rice Time: Now, add in your cooled rice and give it a good toss with everything else. Let it cook for a bit until it's heated through. 🍚
  6. Sauce it Up: Finally, drizzle in that spicy Chinese sauce mix and stir until everything is evenly coated and fragrant. 🌶️
  7. Serve and Enjoy: Plate it up, maybe add a sprinkle of chopped green onions or sesame seeds on top for extra fanciness, and dig in!

Don't be afraid to get creative with your veggies or spice level – make it your own! Oh, and not so pro tip: :ROFLMAO: if you're using leftover rice, give it a quick steam in the microwave with a damp paper towel to revive its fluffiness. Happy cooking!

Sounds like the start of a delicious morning adventure! 🍳 With few simple ingredients can create something so satisfying like Chicken Fried Rice. Can't wait to try it myself! 🍚🥢

Your recipe for Chicken Fried Rice sounds delicious! It's such a classic dish that never fails to satisfy. I love how versatile it is – perfect for using up leftover chicken and veggies. Thanks for sharing your recipe with us! I can't wait to give it a try and enjoy some homemade comfort food.

Your recipe for Chicken Fried Rice sounds delicious! It's such a classic dish that never fails to satisfy. I love how versatile it is – perfect for using up leftover chicken and veggies. Thanks for sharing your recipe with us! I can't wait to give it a try and enjoy some homemade comfort food.
It's definitely one of those timeless dishes that always hits the spot, especially when you have some leftovers to work with. There's something so satisfying about transforming simple ingredients into a delicious and comforting meal, isn't there? I hope your homemade version turns out just as tasty, and brings you all the comfort and joy 🥰

One trick to making great Chicken Fried Rice is to use cooled cooked rice. This prevents it from turning mushy during the frying process and keeps each grain separate and airy.

Back