Chicken Rice Porridge

Serene

Culinary Explorer
Are you tired and need rest? Try this meal too, this will complete your day off from work ☺️
Chicken and Rice Porridge.JPG

Ingredients:
  • 1 cup rice (long-grain or jasmine), rinsed
  • 4 cups chicken broth
  • 2 cups water
  • 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, thinly sliced
  • 2 cloves garlic, minced
  • 1 small onion, finely chopped
  • 1-inch piece of ginger, peeled and grated
  • 2 tablespoons soy sauce
  • Salt and pepper to taste
  • Optional toppings: sliced green onions, chopped cilantro, fried shallots, hard-boiled egg, chili oil
Instructions:
  1. In a large pot, combine the rinsed rice, chicken broth, and water. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat.
  2. Once boiling, reduce the heat to low and simmer the rice mixture, partially covered, for about 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
  3. Add the thinly sliced chicken breasts, minced garlic, chopped onion, grated ginger, and soy sauce to the pot.
  4. Continue to simmer the porridge for an additional 15-20 minutes, or until the rice is fully cooked and the chicken is tender, stirring occasionally.
  5. Season the porridge with salt and pepper to taste, adjusting as needed.
  6. Serve the chicken and rice porridge hot, ladled into bowls.
  7. Garnish with your choice of toppings, such as sliced green onions, chopped cilantro, fried shallots, a halved hard-boiled egg, or a drizzle of chili oil.
  8. Enjoy your comforting chicken and rice porridge!
You can customize this porridge by adding additional vegetables such as carrots, peas, or spinach, and adjusting the seasoning to your preference.

That chicken rice porridge recipe looks absolutely comforting and delicious! 😋 It's one of those dishes that brings back fond memories and warms the soul, especially on chilly days or when feeling under the weather. Your ingredients and instructions seem straightforward and perfect for creating a hearty, nourishing meal. Thanks for sharing this comforting recipe with us! 🍲✨

I have a particular place in my heart for this dish, especially on cold days or when I'm feeling under the weather. Imagine fragrant rice and soft, succulent chicken chunks cooked in a flavorful broth until everything comes together to create a comforting, nutritious bowl. 🥣✨

That chicken rice porridge recipe looks absolutely comforting and delicious! 😋 It's one of those dishes that brings back fond memories and warms the soul, especially on chilly days or when feeling under the weather. Your ingredients and instructions seem straightforward and perfect for creating a hearty, nourishing meal. Thanks for sharing this comforting recipe with us! 🍲✨
Yeah, I can't help but feel a pang of nostalgia seeing her chicken rice porridge. It reminds me of the times when my grandma used to make it for me💕 She always had this magical way of turning simple ingredients into a bowl of pure comfort. Thanks for sharing this OP

Back