Chicken sandwiches

EternalVoyager

Culinary Explorer

Hey there! I'm sharing this simple, yummy, nutritious recipe that's easy to make, especially when you're in a hurry. Hope you give it a try!

Ingredients​

FILLING:​

• ▢500g/ 1 lb cooked chicken meat from 1 large store bought roast chicken (Note 1)
  • ▢1 celery stem , sliced 3mm/0.1″ thick then into 0.5cm/0.2″ pieces
  • ▢1 green onion stem , finely sliced
  • ▢3/4 cup walnuts , roughly chopped (Note 2)
  • ▢3 tbsp finely chopped cornichon/dill pickle
  • ▢1 1/2 tbsp finely chopped dill (Note 3)

SAUCE:
Chicken-sandwiches_3_11zon.jpg

• ▢2/3 cup whole egg mayonnaise (S&W best in Aus, Note 4)
  • ▢2/3 cup sour cream (sub full fat yogurt)
  • ▢2 tsp Dijon mustard
  • ▢1 1/2 tbsp lemon juice (sub white wine or cider vinegar)
  • ▢1/2 tsp onion powder (or more garlic powder)
  • ▢1/4 tsp garlic powder (or more onion powder)
  • ▢3/4 tsp cooking/kosher salt
  • ▢1/4 tsp black pepper

SANDWICHES:​

• ▢Salted butter , for spreading on bread
  • ▢20 slices white sandwich bread, day-old, (or more slices for less filling) (Note 5)

Instructions​

• Shred the chicken as finely as you can. The best method is using a stand-mixer. Just put the meat in the bowl with the paddle attachment and mix on medium speed until it's really finely shredded (~ 1 minute). Else use a handheld beater or your hands.
  • Mix the Sauce ingredients in a bowl until smooth – use a whisk if needed.
  • Pour Sauce over the chicken. Add remaining Filling ingredients. Stir until combined.
  • Spread bread with butter. Spread with Filling (see below for amount).
  • Remove crusts if desired (for the authentic "gourmet" experience!) and cut in half. (Tip: For really neat cuts, refrigerate sandwiches before slicing so Filling firms up).
  • Serve on platters littered with green fluffage, if desired!

Thanks for sharing your recipe! I'll definitely give it a try especially during busy days. Can't wait to enjoy a delicious and hassle-free meal!🍗🥪😋

Hey there! I'm sharing this simple, yummy, nutritious recipe that's easy to make, especially when you're in a hurry. Hope you give it a try!

Ingredients​

• ▢500g/ 1 lb cooked chicken meat from 1 large store bought roast chicken (Note 1)

SAUCE:View attachment 1614

• ▢2 tsp Dijon mustard
  • ▢3/4 tsp cooking/kosher salt buc ee's breakfast hours
  • ▢1/4 tsp black pepper

• ▢20 slices white sandwich bread, day-old, (or more slices for less filling) (Note 5)

Instructions​

• Shred the chicken as finely as you can. The best method is using a stand-mixer. Just put the meat in the bowl with the paddle attachment and mix on medium speed until it's really finely shredded (~ 1 minute). Else use a handheld beater or your hands.
  • Pour Sauce over the chicken. Add remaining Filling ingredients. Stir until combined.
  • Remove crusts if desired (for the authentic "gourmet" experience!) and cut in half. (Tip: For really neat cuts, refrigerate sandwiches before slicing so Filling firms up).

Hello. I'm searching for a recipe for these amazing chicken sandwiches served at a French cafe in England! I worked there as a teenager and have forgotten the recipe and they refuse to share their secret with my mom!

The chicken is cooked with tomato sauce/puree??, (and the missing ingredients)
then left to cool and mixed with mayonnaise. Served on warm crusty French bread with extra mayo.

Can anyone help? Dying to eat this again...

Ingredients​

SAUCE:View attachment 1614

• ▢2 tsp Dijon mustard
  • ▢3/4 tsp cooking/kosher salt
  • ▢1/4 tsp black pepper

Instructions​

I love making chicken sandwiches! They're so versatile—you can add so many toppings and sauces to make them just the way you like. What's your favorite way to make them?

Back