Chili Chocolate Brownies Recipe

johnlloyd

Culinary Explorer
Hey everyone! I wanted to share a fun twist on classic brownies that I tried recently – Chili Chocolate Brownies! 🍫🌶️ If you love the combo of sweet and spicy, you’ve got to give this a go. The chili really brings out the richness of the chocolate without being overwhelming. Here’s how I made it:

Ingredients:

• 1 cup unsalted butter (melted)
  • 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
  • 1 cup brown sugar (packed)
  • 4 large eggs
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract
  • 1 cup all-purpose flour
  • 1 cup cocoa powder (unsweetened)
  • 1/2 tsp baking powder
  • 1/4 tsp salt
  • 1 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
  • 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper (adjust to your heat preference)
  • 1 cup dark chocolate chips (optional but highly recommended)
Instructions:

1. Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C) and line a 9x13-inch baking pan with parchment paper or grease it lightly.
  2. In a large bowl, whisk together the melted butter, granulated sugar, and brown sugar until combined.
  3. Add in the eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition. Stir in the vanilla extract.
  4. In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, and cayenne pepper.
  5. Gradually fold the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients until just combined. Be careful not to overmix.
  6. If you’re using chocolate chips, gently fold them in here!
  7. Pour the batter into the prepared baking pan and smooth the top.
  8. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out mostly clean (a few moist crumbs are okay!).
  9. Let the brownies cool completely before cutting into squares.
    Untitled design (10).jpg
The result? A fudgy brownie with a spicy kick that’s surprisingly addictive. 🌶️🍫 Let me know if you try it out or tweak it in any way!

Chili chocolate brownies? That sounds like an epic flavor combo! Can’t wait to try the sweet and spicy twist on classic brownies. 😍

Oh, that sounds amazing! 😍🌶️ I love how chili can enhance chocolate flavors. Can’t wait to try this combo! 🍫🔥 How spicy does it turn out?

Back