Chinese Chicken salad Recipe

johnlloyd

Culinary Explorer
Hey everyone!

I wanted to share one of my go-to recipes that's perfect for a light lunch or dinner—Chinese Chicken Salad! It's super fresh, easy to make, and full of flavor. Hope you all enjoy it as much as I do!

Ingredients:​

• For the salad:
    • 2 cups cooked chicken breast, shredded or sliced (leftover rotisserie chicken works great!)
    • 4 cups Napa cabbage, thinly sliced
    • 1 cup red cabbage, thinly sliced
    • 1 cup carrots, julienned or shredded
    • 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
    • 3 green onions, sliced
    • 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
    • 1/4 cup sliced almonds, toasted
    • 1/4 cup crispy chow mein noodles
    • 1 small can of mandarin oranges, drained (optional but adds a nice sweetness)
  • For the dressing:
    • 1/4 cup soy sauce
    • 1/4 cup rice vinegar
    • 2 tablespoons sesame oil
    • 1 tablespoon honey
    • 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, grated
    • 1 clove garlic, minced
    • 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds (optional)
    • Salt and pepper to taste

Instructions:​

1. Prep the Ingredients:
    • In a large bowl, combine the Napa cabbage, red cabbage, carrots, bell pepper, green onions, and cilantro. Toss to mix everything well.
  2. Add the Chicken:
    • Add the shredded chicken to the bowl and give it another good toss.
  3. Make the Dressing:
    • In a small bowl, whisk together the soy sauce, rice vinegar, sesame oil, honey, grated ginger, minced garlic, and toasted sesame seeds if you're using them. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
  4. Dress the Salad:
    • Pour the dressing over the salad and toss until everything is evenly coated.
  5. Add the Crunch:
    • Just before serving, sprinkle the toasted almonds and crispy chow mein noodles over the top for that perfect crunch. If you like a bit of sweetness, you can add the mandarin oranges now too.
  6. Serve:
    • Serve immediately and enjoy!
      Chinese Chicken salad Recipe.jpg
This salad is perfect for meal prep too. Just keep the dressing separate until you're ready to eat to keep everything nice and fresh.

Enjoy! Let me know if you try it and what you think. 😊

Hey everyone!

I wanted to share one of my go-to recipes that's perfect for a light lunch or dinner—Chinese Chicken Salad! It's super fresh, easy to make, and full of flavor. Hope you all enjoy it as much as I do!

Ingredients:​

• For the salad:
    • 2 cups cooked chicken breast, shredded or sliced (leftover rotisserie chicken works great!)
    • 4 cups Napa cabbage, thinly sliced
    • 1 cup red cabbage, thinly sliced
    • 1 cup carrots, julienned or shredded
    • 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
    • 3 green onions, sliced
    • 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
    • 1/4 cup sliced almonds, toasted
    • 1/4 cup crispy chow mein noodles
    • 1 small can of mandarin oranges, drained (optional but adds a nice sweetness)
  • For the dressing:
    • 1/4 cup soy sauce
    • 1/4 cup rice vinegar
    • 2 tablespoons sesame oil
    • 1 tablespoon honey
    • 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, grated
    • 1 clove garlic, minced
    • 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds (optional)
    • Salt and pepper to taste

Instructions:​

1. Prep the Ingredients:
    • In a large bowl, combine the Napa cabbage, red cabbage, carrots, bell pepper, green onions, and cilantro. Toss to mix everything well.
  2. Add the Chicken:
    • Add the shredded chicken to the bowl and give it another good toss.
  3. Make the Dressing:
    • In a small bowl, whisk together the soy sauce, rice vinegar, sesame oil, honey, grated ginger, minced garlic, and toasted sesame seeds if you're using them. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
  4. Dress the Salad:
    • Pour the dressing over the salad and toss until everything is evenly coated.
  5. Add the Crunch:
    • Just before serving, sprinkle the toasted almonds and crispy chow mein noodles over the top for that perfect crunch. If you like a bit of sweetness, you can add the mandarin oranges now too.
  6. Serve:
This salad is perfect for meal prep too. Just keep the dressing separate until you're ready to eat to keep everything nice and fresh.

Enjoy! Let me know if you try it and what you think. 😊
Love a good Chinese chicken salad! The crunch from the veggies and the tangy dressing are always so satisfying. 🥗

Yum! 🥗 Chinese Chicken Salad is always a win! The crunch and flavor combo is everything. Can't wait to give your recipe a try! 😍

This salad is so crunchy and flavorful, it might just make your chopsticks dance with joy! 🥗🥢

Back