Chocolate Cream Cheese Swirl Bars

maltchaseal

Culinary Explorer
Alright chocoholics out there!! 🍫 My sweet tooth is going into overdrive right now just looking at these Chocolate Cream Cheese Swirl Bars my friend just baked for now since I'm craving for it. Aaand, she's kind enough to letting me share the recipe for you guys 😊 Let's get baking!!

Chocolate Cream Cheese Swirl Bars.jpg

Ingredients:

For the Crust:

• 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
  • 1/2 cup granulated sugar
  • 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
For the Cream Cheese Filling:
  • 8 oz cream cheese, softened
  • 1/4 cup granulated sugar
  • 1 large egg
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
For the Chocolate Topping:
  • 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
  • 1/4 cup heavy cream
Instructions:
  1. Preheat your oven to 350Β°F (180Β°C). Grease an 8x8-inch baking pan and line it with parchment paper, leaving some overhang on the sides for easy removal.
  2. In a large bowl, cream the softened butter and 1/2 cup of granulated sugar until light and fluffy. Gradually mix in the flour and salt until a dough forms.
  3. Press the dough evenly into the prepared baking pan, creating a uniform crust.
  4. In a medium bowl, beat the cream cheese with the 1/4 cup of granulated sugar until smooth and creamy. Beat in the egg and vanilla until well combined.
  5. Spread the cream cheese mixture evenly over the crust, creating a smooth layer.
  6. In a small saucepan, heat the heavy cream over medium heat until just simmering. Remove from heat and stir in the chocolate chips until melted and smooth.
  7. Carefully pour the chocolate topping over the cream cheese layer, using a spoon or spatula to gently swirl the chocolate into the cream cheese.
  8. Bake the bars for 30-35 minutes, or until the center is set and the edges are lightly golden.
  9. Allow the bars to cool completely in the pan before lifting them out using the parchment paper overhang. Cut into squares and enjoy your decadent Chocolate Cream Cheese Swirl Bars!
They're surprisingly easy to make, right?? So you don't have to wait for a special occasion to indulge 😁 Let me know if you bake them up - I have a feeling they're gonna disappear fast! 😎

Oh my goodness, those Chocolate Cream Cheese Swirl Bars look absolutely divine! Can't wait to whip up a batch of these heavenly treats in my own kitchen. Thanks for passing along the sweetness! πŸ€—

Back