Chocolate Silk Pie Recipe

lizasoberan

Culinary Explorer
Hey all! I just made this Chocolate Silk Pie last weekend, and let me tell you—it’s rich, smooth, and an absolute chocolate dream! 😍 Thought I’d share the recipe here if anyone’s looking for a decadent dessert. Super simple, but it’s a showstopper.

Ingredients:

• 1 pre-baked pie crust (graham cracker or regular, your call!)
  • 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
  • 1/3 cup butter (softened)
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract
  • 3 large eggs (room temp works best)
  • Whipped cream for topping (optional but highly recommended!)
Instructions:

1. Melt the chocolate chips in the microwave or using a double boiler—stir until smooth and let cool.
  2. In a large bowl, beat the butter and sugar together until fluffy. Add vanilla and melted chocolate, mixing well.
  3. Here’s where it gets interesting: add the eggs one at a time, beating for 5 minutes between each egg. Yes, 5 minutes each! This makes the filling silky and smooth.
  4. Once everything is combined and fluffy, pour the mixture into the pre-baked pie crust.
  5. Chill the pie for at least 4 hours or overnight (if you have the patience 😅).
  6. Top with whipped cream before serving, and maybe some chocolate shavings if you’re feeling fancy!
    Chocolate Silk Pie Recipe.jpg
This pie is super rich, so small slices are key! Anyone else have a go-to chocolate dessert they love? 🍫

Hey all! I just made this Chocolate Silk Pie last weekend, and let me tell you—it’s rich, smooth, and an absolute chocolate dream! 😍 Thought I’d share the recipe here if anyone’s looking for a decadent dessert. Super simple, but it’s a showstopper.

Ingredients:

• 1 pre-baked pie crust (graham cracker or regular, your call!)
  • 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
  • 1/3 cup butter (softened)
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract
  • 3 large eggs (room temp works best)
  • Whipped cream for topping (optional but highly recommended!)
Instructions:

1. Melt the chocolate chips in the microwave or using a double boiler—stir until smooth and let cool.
  2. In a large bowl, beat the butter and sugar together until fluffy. Add vanilla and melted chocolate, mixing well.
  3. Here’s where it gets interesting: add the eggs one at a time, beating for 5 minutes between each egg. Yes, 5 minutes each! This makes the filling silky and smooth.
  4. Once everything is combined and fluffy, pour the mixture into the pre-baked pie crust.
  5. Chill the pie for at least 4 hours or overnight (if you have the patience 😅).
  6. Top with whipped cream before serving Baddiehub, and maybe some chocolate shavings if you’re feeling fancy!View attachment 6153
This pie is super rich, so small slices are key! Anyone else have a go-to chocolate dessert they love? 🍫
I have tried several times to make a friend's (now deceased) recipe for French silk pie & it doesn't set up !:mad:
margarine & sugar creamed
add vanilla & chocolate squares
add 3 eggs (1 , beat for 5 min/ 1 , beat for 5 min/1 , beat for 5 min)
pour into pie shell & refrigerate

Anyone know why it doesn't set up ? I made this 20-25 years ago & it firmed up in the fridge .
Am I using the wrong margarine (Imperial , 53% oil) ?
Would "butter be better" ?:D

Am I missing something ?

Back