Chorizo & Mozzarella Gnocchi Bake

corbin

Culinary Explorer
Hello everyone, I wanna let you try this tasty Chorizo & Mozzarella Gnocchi Bake. It's a hearty and flavorful dish that's perfect for satisfying your comfort food cravings. It's a comforting and satisfying meal that the whole family will love!
800×738
209.7 kB

chorizomozarellagnocchi.jpg

Ingredients:

• 500g (about 1 pound) store-bought gnocchi
  • 200g (about 7 ounces) chorizo sausage, diced
  • 1 onion, finely chopped
  • 2 cloves garlic, minced
  • 1 can (400g/14 ounces) diced tomatoes
  • 1 tablespoon tomato paste
  • 1 teaspoon dried oregano
  • 1 teaspoon dried basil
  • Salt and pepper, to taste
  • 200g (about 7 ounces) fresh mozzarella cheese, sliced
  • Fresh basil leaves, for garnish (optional)
  • Grated Parmesan cheese, for serving (optional)
Instructions:

1. Preheat your oven to 200°C (about 400°F). Grease a baking dish with cooking spray or olive oil and set aside.
  2. Cook the gnocchi according to the package instructions. Drain and set aside.
  3. In a large skillet or frying pan, cook the diced chorizo over medium heat until it starts to brown and release its oils, about 5 minutes.
  4. Add the finely chopped onion to the skillet with the chorizo and cook for another 3-4 minutes, or until the onion is soft and translucent.
  5. Stir in the minced garlic and cook for an additional 1 minute, or until fragrant.
  6. Add the diced tomatoes, tomato paste, dried oregano, and dried basil to the skillet. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Stir to combine and let the sauce simmer for 5-7 minutes, allowing the flavors to meld together and the sauce to thicken slightly.
  7. Add the cooked gnocchi to the skillet with the tomato sauce and chorizo. Stir gently to coat the gnocchi evenly with the sauce.
  8. Transfer the gnocchi mixture to the prepared baking dish, spreading it out into an even layer.
  9. Arrange the sliced mozzarella cheese on top of the gnocchi mixture, covering it completely.
  10. Bake the Chorizo & Mozzarella Gnocchi Bake in the preheated oven for 15-20 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and bubbly and the edges are golden brown.
  11. Remove the baking dish from the oven and let it cool slightly before serving.
  12. Garnish the Chorizo & Mozzarella Gnocchi Bake with fresh basil leaves and grated Parmesan cheese, if desired.
  13. Serve the bake hot, straight from the oven, and enjoy the delicious combination of flavors and textures!
Note: Feel free to customize this recipe by adding your favorite vegetables, such as diced bell peppers, zucchini, or spinach, to the sauce for extra flavor and nutrition.

Yum! 😍 Chorizo and mozzarella gnocchi bake sounds like a comforting and flavorful dish. I appreciate you sharing the recipe—I can't wait to give it a try! It's the perfect blend of hearty ingredients and cheesy goodness. Thanks for the inspiration! 🧀🍅🥘

Yum! This Cheesy Chorizo Gnocchi Bake looks like the ultimate comfort food ..Will try your recipe, and hopefully, I can be able to make it :D

Back