Classic Chicken Francese Recipe

cheffyyow

Culinary Explorer
Hey, my fellow foodies! This dish I will share you today is all about juicy chicken cutlets smothered in a dreamy lemon sauce 🍗🍋 Seriously delicious and perfect for any night of the week ..
Chicken_Francese.jpg

Ingredients:
  • 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
  • Salt and pepper to taste
  • 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
  • 2 large eggs, beaten
  • 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
  • 2 tablespoons olive oil
  • 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
  • 1/2 cup chicken broth
  • 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
  • 2 tablespoons capers, drained (optional)
  • Chopped fresh parsley for garnish

Instructions:
  1. Start by preparing the chicken breasts. Place each chicken breast between two sheets of plastic wrap and gently pound them to an even thickness, about 1/2 inch thick. Season both sides of the chicken breasts with salt and pepper.
  2. In a shallow dish, combine the all-purpose flour with a pinch of salt and pepper. In another shallow dish, beat the eggs until well combined. In a third shallow dish, mix the grated Parmesan cheese with the breadcrumbs.
  3. Dredge each chicken breast in the flour mixture, shaking off any excess. Dip the floured chicken breasts into the beaten eggs, then coat them evenly with the Parmesan breadcrumb mixture, pressing gently to adhere.
  4. Heat the olive oil and 2 tablespoons of butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Once hot, add the breaded chicken breasts to the skillet, making sure not to overcrowd the pan. Cook the chicken breasts for 3-4 minutes on each side, or until golden brown and cooked through. Remove the cooked chicken breasts from the skillet and transfer them to a plate. Cover with foil to keep warm.
  5. In the same skillet, add the remaining 2 tablespoons of butter, chicken broth, lemon juice, and capers (if using). Bring the sauce to a simmer, scraping up any browned bits from the bottom of the pan.
  6. Let the sauce simmer for 2-3 minutes, or until slightly thickened and reduced.
  7. Return the cooked chicken breasts to the skillet, spooning the lemon sauce over the top.
  8. Garnish the Chicken Francese with chopped fresh parsley, and serve hot.
Enjoy this flavorful Italian classic with your favorite side dishes, such as pasta, roasted vegetables, or a crisp green salad 🥗😋

Hey, my fellow foodies! This dish I will share you today is all about juicy chicken cutlets smothered in a dreamy lemon sauce 🍗🍋 Seriously delicious and perfect for any night of the week ..View attachment 2762

Ingredients:
  • 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
  • Salt and pepper to taste
  • 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
  • 2 large eggs, beaten
  • 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
  • 2 tablespoons olive oil
  • 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
  • 1/2 cup chicken broth
  • 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
  • 2 tablespoons capers, drained (optional)
  • Chopped fresh parsley for garnish

Instructions:
  1. Start by preparing the chicken breasts. Place each chicken breast between two sheets of plastic wrap and gently pound them to an even thickness, about 1/2 inch thick. Season both sides of the chicken breasts with salt and pepper.
  2. In a shallow dish, combine the all-purpose flour with a pinch of salt and pepper. In another shallow dish, beat the eggs until well combined. In a third shallow dish, mix the grated Parmesan cheese with the breadcrumbs.
  3. Dredge each chicken breast in the flour mixture, shaking off any excess. Dip the floured chicken breasts into the beaten eggs, then coat them evenly with the Parmesan breadcrumb mixture, pressing gently to adhere.
  4. Heat the olive oil and 2 tablespoons of butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Once hot, add the breaded chicken breasts to the skillet, making sure not to overcrowd the pan. Cook the chicken breasts for 3-4 minutes on each side, or until golden brown and cooked through. Remove the cooked chicken breasts from the skillet and transfer them to a plate. Cover with foil to keep warm.
  5. In the same skillet, add the remaining 2 tablespoons of butter, chicken broth, lemon juice, and capers (if using). Bring the sauce to a simmer, scraping up any browned bits from the bottom of the pan.
  6. Let the sauce simmer for 2-3 minutes, or until slightly thickened and reduced.
  7. Return the cooked chicken breasts to the skillet, spooning the lemon sauce over the top.
  8. Garnish the Chicken Francese with chopped fresh parsley, and serve hot.
Enjoy this flavorful Italian classic with your favorite side dishes, such as pasta, roasted vegetables, or a crisp green salad 🥗😋
I think Chicken Francese is a timeless classic that's perfect for a fancy dinner or a cozy family meal. 🍗🍋

I can't wait to try making it myself. Has anyone here already tried this recipe? If so, any tips or tricks to make it extra delicious? 🍗🍋

Back