Coleslaw Recipe

hoyeon

Culinary Explorer
Hey everyone! 😊

I wanted to share one of my favorite coleslaw recipes that’s perfect as a side for dinner. It's super easy to make and always a hit at my family gatherings. I hope you enjoy it as much as we do!

Ingredients:​

• For the slaw:
    • 1 small green cabbage, finely shredded
    • 1 large carrot, peeled and grated
    • 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
    • 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced (optional)
    • 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
  • For the dressing:
    • 1/2 cup mayonnaise
    • 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
    • 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
    • 1 tbsp honey (or sugar, if you prefer)
    • Salt and pepper to taste
      coleslaw recipe.jpg

Instructions:​

1. In a large bowl, combine the shredded cabbage, grated carrot, sliced red onion, and red bell pepper (if using). Toss them together until they’re well mixed.
  2. In a separate bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, apple cider vinegar, Dijon mustard, and honey. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
  3. Pour the dressing over the vegetables and toss everything together until the veggies are well coated with the dressing.
  4. Let the coleslaw sit in the fridge for at least an hour before serving. This helps the flavors meld together.
  5. Just before serving, give it one last toss and sprinkle with the chopped parsley.
I love this recipe because it’s so versatile. Sometimes I add a little celery seed or even a splash of lemon juice for an extra zing. Let me know if you try it out or if you have any variations! 🥬🥕

Happy cooking!

This coleslaw looks like the perfect summer side dish! :cool: Love that it's so easy to throw together and customizable too. #ColeslawLove

Thanks for sharing, I gotta try this with some grilled chicken! 🍗

Back