KFC Coleslaw Recipe

otterlyslick

Culinary Explorer
KFC-Coleslaw-RESHOOT-RCSQ-768x768.jpg

I recently decided to recreate KFC's famous coleslaw at home, and let me tell you, it was a hit! The creamy, tangy dressing combined with the crunchy cabbage and carrots made it taste just like the real deal. If you're a fan of that classic coleslaw, you'll love this easy recipe. Here's how you can make it:

KFC Coleslaw Recipe​

Ingredients:​

• Coleslaw:
    • 1 medium head of green cabbage, finely chopped
    • 1 large carrot, grated or finely chopped
    • 1/4 cup minced onion
  • Dressing:
    • 1 cup mayonnaise
    • 1/4 cup milk
    • 1/4 cup buttermilk
    • 1/3 cup granulated sugar
    • 1/4 cup white vinegar
    • 2 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice
    • 1/2 teaspoon salt
    • 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper

Instructions:​

1. Prepare the Vegetables:
    • Finely chop the cabbage and carrots, or use a food processor to get a fine, even texture.
    • Mince the onion finely.
  2. Make the Dressing:
    • In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, milk, buttermilk, sugar, vinegar, lemon juice, salt, and pepper until smooth and well combined.
  3. Combine:
    • Add the chopped cabbage, grated carrot, and minced onion to the bowl with the dressing.
    • Stir well to coat all the vegetables with the dressing.
  4. Chill:
    • Cover the bowl with plastic wrap or transfer the coleslaw to an airtight container.
    • Refrigerate for at least 2 hours, or overnight for the best flavor. This allows the flavors to meld and the coleslaw to get nice and creamy.
  5. Serve:
    • Give the coleslaw a good stir before serving. Enjoy it chilled as a perfect side dish to your favorite meals!
After trying this recipe, I’m convinced it’s as close as you can get to the original KFC coleslaw. It’s perfect for barbecues, picnics, or just a regular meal at home. Enjoy every bite! 🥗✨

View attachment 4018

I recently decided to recreate KFC's famous coleslaw at home, and let me tell you, it was a hit! The creamy, tangy dressing combined with the crunchy cabbage and carrots made it taste just like the real deal. If you're a fan of that classic coleslaw, you'll love this easy recipe. Here's how you can make it:

KFC Coleslaw Recipe​

Ingredients:​

• Coleslaw:
    • 1 medium head of green cabbage, finely chopped
    • 1 large carrot, grated or finely chopped
    • 1/4 cup minced onion
  • Dressing:
    • 1 cup mayonnaise
    • 1/4 cup milk
    • 1/4 cup buttermilk
    • 1/3 cup granulated sugar
    • 1/4 cup white vinegar
    • 2 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice
    • 1/2 teaspoon salt
    • 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper

Instructions:​

1. Prepare the Vegetables:
    • Finely chop the cabbage and carrots, or use a food processor to get a fine, even texture.
    • Mince the onion finely.
  2. Make the Dressing:
    • In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, milk, buttermilk, sugar, vinegar, lemon juice, salt, and pepper until smooth and well combined.
  3. Combine:
    • Add the chopped cabbage, grated carrot, and minced onion to the bowl with the dressing.
    • Stir well to coat all the vegetables with the dressing.
  4. Chill:
    • Cover the bowl with plastic wrap or transfer the coleslaw to an airtight container.
    • Refrigerate for at least 2 hours, or overnight for the best flavor. This allows the flavors to meld and the coleslaw to get nice and creamy.
  5. Serve:
    • Give the coleslaw a good stir before serving. Enjoy it chilled as a perfect side dish to your favorite meals!
After trying this recipe, I’m convinced it’s as close as you can get to the original KFC coleslaw. It’s perfect for barbecues, picnics, or just a regular meal at home. Enjoy every bite! 🥗✨
This KFC coleslaw recipe looks spot on! Has anyone tried adding a touch of apple cider vinegar for extra tang? Can't wait to make this for our next BBQ! 🥗🍗🍴

Back