Coronation Chicken

EvanSeeker

Culinary Explorer
Hi everyone! Get ready to tantalize your taste buds with this Coronation Chicken recipe—it's a flavor explosion! Tender chicken infused with curry goodness, mixed with sweet apricots, crunchy almonds, and a creamy, dreamy sauce... Mmm, it's a party in your mouth! Perfect for a quick lunch or a fancy dinner spread. Let's spice things up in the kitchen together! 🔥 Who's in? #CoronationChicken #TastyTreat

Coronation Chicken
Coronation Chicken _.jpg

Ingredients:

• 3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (about 1 1/2 to 1 3/4 pounds)
  • Kosher salt
  • 1 tablespoon black peppercorns
  • 2 bay leaves
  • 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
  • 1/2 medium white onion, diced
  • 1 tablespoon tomato paste
  • 1 tablespoon curry powder
  • 1/4 cup red wine
  • 2 tablespoons mango chutney
  • Juice of 1/2 lemon (about 1 tablespoon)
  • 1/2 cup mayonnaise
  • 1/4 cup sour cream
  • 1/4 cup chopped dried apricots (roughly the size of a raisin)
  • 1/4 cup toasted sliced almonds
  • 1/4 cup cilantro leaves, chopped
Directions:

1. Begin by poaching the chicken. Season the chicken generously with salt on both sides, then place it in a large pot in a single layer. Add the peppercorns and 1 bay leaf. Pour enough cool water over the chicken to cover it by about 1 inch. Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat to a simmer. Cover and cook until the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees F on an instant-read thermometer, about 8 to 10 minutes. Remove the chicken from the poaching liquid and let it cool on a plate. Shred the chicken by hand into large pieces and set aside in a medium bowl.
  2. Cool the poaching liquid completely, then refrigerate it in an airtight container for later use (see Cook’s Note).
  3. For the sauce, heat the olive oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add the diced onion and sauté until softened and translucent, about 5 minutes. Stir in the tomato paste and cook for about 1 minute until slightly darker in color. Add the curry powder and cook, stirring, until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Pour in the red wine, 1/4 cup water, mango chutney, lemon juice, and the remaining bay leaf. Cook until slightly reduced, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat and allow to cool. Remove the bay leaf.
  4. In a medium bowl, combine the mayonnaise and sour cream using a rubber spatula. Add the cooled curry mixture and 1/2 teaspoon of salt, then stir to combine.
  5. To finish the salad, mix the shredded chicken with the dried apricots and sliced almonds. Pour the sauce over the chicken mixture and gently coat the chicken using a rubber spatula. Finish by gently mixing in the chopped cilantro.
Cook’s Note: Don't toss out the poaching liquid! It might be thinner than regular broth but it's packed with flavor. You can use it to cook rice or quinoa, or even whip up a delicately flavored soup.

I hope you had as much fun making this Coronation Chicken as I did sharing the recipe. From simmering the chicken to whipping up that creamy curry sauce, every step was a delight, wasn't it? Now, it's time to dive in and enjoy the delicious rewards. Don't forget to snap some pics and spread the love! 💖 Until next time, happy cooking, my fellow food enthusiasts! 🍗

This ecipe looks like a royal treat! 👑🍗 I can almost taste the exotic flavors bursting through – the perfect blend of creamy, fruity, and spicy. Can't wait to whip up a batch for my next gathering! Thanks for sharing this majestic dish! 🌟🥘

Back