Country French Potato Bake Recipes

johnlloyd

Culinary Explorer
Hey everyone! 🍽️

I wanted to share a recipe that’s a real hit in my house, especially when we’re in the mood for some comforting, hearty food. It’s a Country French Potato Bake – super easy to make, but the flavors are just so rich and satisfying. Perfect for a family dinner or even as a side dish for gatherings. Let me know if you give it a try!

Ingredients:

• 6 medium-sized potatoes (Yukon Golds work great)
  • 1 large onion, thinly sliced
  • 3 cloves of garlic, minced
  • 1 cup of heavy cream
  • 1 cup of shredded Gruyère cheese (or any cheese you love)
  • 1/2 cup of chicken or vegetable broth
  • 2 tbsp of unsalted butter
  • Fresh thyme (a few sprigs)
  • Salt and pepper to taste
  • A pinch of nutmeg (optional, but it adds a nice warmth)
Instructions:

1. Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C).
  2. Peel and thinly slice the potatoes – about 1/4 inch thick. You want them to cook evenly.
  3. In a large skillet, melt the butter over medium heat and sauté the onion until it’s soft and golden, about 5-7 minutes. Add the minced garlic and cook for another minute.
  4. In a bowl, mix together the heavy cream, broth, salt, pepper, and nutmeg.
  5. Layer half of the potatoes in a buttered baking dish, then add half of the sautéed onions. Pour half of the cream mixture over the top and sprinkle with a bit of cheese and thyme.
  6. Repeat with the remaining potatoes, onions, cream mixture, and cheese.
  7. Cover with foil and bake for about 40 minutes. Then, remove the foil and bake for another 20 minutes, until the potatoes are tender and the top is golden and bubbly.
  8. Let it sit for a few minutes before serving – the flavors really come together as it cools slightly.
Enjoy! 😊
Country French Potato Bake Recipes.jpg

I love serving this with some roasted chicken or even just a crisp green salad on the side. It’s one of those dishes that feels like a hug in a bowl. Would love to hear your thoughts if you try it or if you have any variations!

This Country French Potato Bake sounds like pure comfort food! 🥔🍽️ I love the idea of all those flavors coming together—definitely a must-try for cozy nights in. Thanks for sharing this deliciousness!

That Country French Potato Bake sounds amazing! 🥔🍽️ I love a good, comforting dish that's easy to make but still packed with flavor. 😊👩‍🍳

Back