Crab Cake Recipe

ChocoJay

Culinary Explorer
Hey everyone, I want to introduce you to a seafood delight: homemade crab cakes! 🦀🍽️ These crispy, flavorful patties are perfect for any occasion, whether it's a family dinner or a party appetizer. Let's dive into the recipe and enjoy some delicious crab goodness together! 🌟😋
255×323
208.4 kB

1714325556788.png

Ingredients:
  • 1 pound lump crab meat, picked over for shells
  • 1/3 cup mayonnaise
  • 1 large egg
  • 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
  • 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
  • 1 tablespoon lemon juice
  • 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
  • 1/4 cup chopped green onions
  • 1/2 cup breadcrumbs (plus extra for coating)
  • Salt and pepper to taste
  • Olive oil or butter for frying
Instructions:
  1. In a large mixing bowl, combine the mayonnaise, egg, Dijon mustard, Worcestershire sauce, and lemon juice. Mix well.
  2. Gently fold in the lump crab meat, parsley, green onions, breadcrumbs, salt, and pepper until well combined. Be careful not to break up the crab meat too much.
  3. Shape the mixture into evenly sized patties, about 1/2 inch thick.
  4. Place some extra breadcrumbs on a plate. Lightly coat each crab cake in breadcrumbs, shaking off any excess.
  5. Heat olive oil or butter in a large skillet over medium heat.
  6. Once the oil is hot, carefully place the crab cakes in the skillet, being careful not to overcrowd the pan. Cook for about 3-4 minutes on each side, or until golden brown and crispy.
  7. Remove the crab cakes from the skillet and place them on a paper towel-lined plate to drain any excess oil.
  8. Serve the crab cakes hot with your favorite dipping sauce or a squeeze of lemon juice.
Enjoy your delicious homemade crab cakes! 🦀🍽️

I love experimenting with crab cake recipes! One thing I've found is that adding a bit of Old Bay seasoning gives them that extra zing and really enhances the flavor of the crab. And if you're feeling adventurous, you can even try swapping out some of the breadcrumbs for crushed-up saltine crackers for added texture.🦀👩‍🍳

Your crab cake recipe looks absolutely mouthwatering! 🦀 I can almost taste the savory goodness just by looking at it. The step-by-step instructions make it seem so easy to follow, even for someone like me who's not the most experienced in the kitchen. I can't wait to give this recipe a try and impress my family with some homemade crab cakes. Thanks for sharing this deliciousness with us! 🍽️

Back