Crispy Okra Nuggets Recipe

Bubbles

Culinary Explorer
Hellooooooo! So, I've been experimenting in the kitchen lately, and I think I've discovered something truly delicious - veggie nuggets! Today, I'm excited to share with you my latest creation: crispy okra nuggets. They're a fun twist on traditional nuggets and packed with flavor!

Ingredients:
Okra Nuggets.jpg

• 1 pound fresh okra, washed and sliced into 1/2-inch rounds
  • 1 cup buttermilk
  • 1 cup all-purpose flour
  • 1 teaspoon garlic powder
  • 1 teaspoon onion powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon paprika
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
  • Vegetable oil, for frying
Instructions:
  1. In a large bowl, soak the sliced okra in buttermilk for about 30 minutes. This helps to reduce the sliminess of the okra and allows the breading to adhere better.
  2. In a separate bowl, combine the all-purpose flour, garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, salt, and black pepper. Mix well to combine.
  3. Heat vegetable oil in a deep fryer or large skillet to 350°F (175°C).
  4. Working in batches, remove the okra from the buttermilk, allowing any excess to drip off, and dredge them in the seasoned flour mixture until evenly coated.
  5. Carefully place the coated okra nuggets into the hot oil, being sure not to overcrowd the pan. Fry for 3-4 minutes, or until golden brown and crispy.
  6. Using a slotted spoon, transfer the fried okra nuggets to a paper towel-lined plate to drain any excess oil.
  7. Serve the okra nuggets hot with your favorite dipping sauce, such as ranch dressing or sriracha mayo.
I hope you enjoy this and give these crispy okra nuggets a try! They're a amazing way to enjoy veggies in a whole new light. Let me know what you think! 🍽️😋

Wow, your crispy okra nuggets sound like such a tasty twist on a classic! I love how you're getting creative in the kitchen. Okra can be such a fun ingredient to work with, and soaking it in buttermilk is such a clever trick to tame that sliminess. And who can resist a crispy coating with all those flavorful spices?

I'm definitely adding this recipe to my must-try list. Thanks for sharing! Can't wait to give these a go and dip them into some sriracha mayo. Yum! 🍽️😋

Back