Crispy Tokwa Sisig Recipe

lizasoberan

Culinary Explorer
Hey foodies!
I'm thrilled to share one of my all-time favorite Filipino dishes with a twist: Crispy Tokwa Sisig. This dish is a crowd-pleaser and always steals the show whenever I serve it up. It's perfect for lunch or dinner, and it's a fantastic way to enjoy tokwa (tofu) in a flavorful and exciting way. Without further ado, let me share the recipe with you:
1713312318199.jpeg

Ingredients:
  • 1 block (about 14 oz) firm tofu (tokwa), drained and pressed
  • 1 small onion, finely chopped
  • 3 cloves garlic, minced
  • 2-3 green chilies, chopped (adjust to taste)
  • 2 tablespoons soy sauce
  • 1 tablespoon calamansi or lemon juice
  • 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
  • 1 teaspoon sugar
  • Salt and pepper to taste
  • Cooking oil for frying
  • Chopped green onions and sliced red chilies for garnish
  • Fried egg (optional, for serving)
Instructions:
  1. Start by cutting the pressed tofu into small cubes or bite-sized pieces.
  2. Heat cooking oil in a pan over medium-high heat for frying. Once the oil is hot, carefully add the tofu cubes and fry until golden and crispy. Remove the crispy tofu from the pan and set aside on a plate lined with paper towels to drain excess oil.
  3. In the same pan, leave about a tablespoon of oil and sauté the chopped onions, minced garlic, and green chilies until fragrant and softened.
  4. Add the crispy tofu back into the pan with the sautéed aromatics. Pour in the soy sauce and calamansi or lemon juice. Stir well to combine and let it cook for a few minutes to allow the flavors to meld.
  5. Next, add the mayonnaise and sugar to the pan. Stir everything together until the tofu is evenly coated and the sauce thickens slightly.
  6. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Feel free to adjust the seasoning according to your preference.
  7. Transfer the Crispy Tokwa Sisig to a serving plate and garnish with chopped green onions and sliced red chilies for an extra kick of flavor and color.
  8. Serve hot, optionally with a fried egg on top for added richness and deliciousness.
I hope you give this Crispy Tokwa Sisig recipe a try and enjoy it as much as I do! It's the perfect dish to impress your family and friends with its crispy texture and bold flavors. Don't forget to share your thoughts and any modifications you make. Happy cooking! 🌶🍳🔥

Back