Cucumber and Avocado Sushi

TheAmericanNightmare

Novice Foodie
Hey sushi lovers! Guess what I just whipped up? A scrumptious recipe for Cucumber and Avocado Sushi that's about to blow your taste buds away. Trust me, you won't want to miss out on this delightful combo of freshness and creaminess rolled into one. Let's roll some sushi magic together!

Sushi Avo Cucu.jpg

Ingredients:
  • 1 ¼ cups water
  • 1 cup uncooked glutinous white rice (sushi rice)
  • 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
  • 1 pinch salt
  • 4 sheets nori (dry seaweed)
  • ½ medium cucumber, sliced into thin strips
  • 1 medium avocado - peeled, pitted and sliced
Preparation:
  1. Combine water and rice in a saucepan, bringing it to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer until rice is tender and water absorbed about 20 minutes. Remove from heat, stir in vinegar and salt, and let cool for at least 5 minutes.
  2. Cover a bamboo sushi mat with plastic wrap. Place one nori sheet over it. Spread rice evenly on nori, leaving about a 1/2 inch uncovered at the bottom. Arrange cucumber and avocado in the center. Roll once, pressing down, then roll again towards the uncovered end to make a long roll. Seal with water if needed. Repeat for remaining rolls.
  3. Use a sharp, wet knife to slice each roll into 6 pieces.
Who's ready to roll with me and dive into this deliciousness? Let's get slicing and dicing those ingredients! 🥑🥒 #SushiSensation

Absolutely loved making this Cucumber and Avocado Sushi! 🥒🥑 It was my first time trying homemade sushi, and wow, what a success! The creamy avocado paired perfectly with the refreshing crunch of the cucumber – such a delicious combo. Plus, rolling it up was surprisingly easy, thanks to your clear instructions. It felt like I was dining at a fancy sushi restaurant right in my own kitchen! Thanks for sharing this awesome recipe – it's definitely a keeper! 🍣✨

Back