Cullen Skink Recipe 🌊✨

laplus

Tasty Apprentice
As I meandered along the rocky shores of Scotland, the salty sea breeze mixed with the divine smell of simmering Cullen Skink. Ah, it took me back to those cozy nights by the fire, indulging in this hearty Scottish chowder. I just had to share this treasured recipe! Each spoonful was a symphony of flavors - the smoky applewood haddock, the creamy potato and leek base - pure comfort in a bowl. As I gazed out at the crashing waves, I realized that this dish is Scotland in a nutshell - rugged, soothing, and downright delicious. 🏴✨ Just try it and thank me later!

cullen.jpg
Ingredients
  • 200 g Smoked Haddock
  • 500 ml Milk
  • 1 medium White Onion
  • 2 large Potatoes
  • 2 Bay Leaves
  • 2 tbsp Parsley
  • 2 tbsp Butter
  • 1/2 tsp Salt
  • 1/4 tsp Black Pepper
Instructions
  1. Cold smoke haddock for 5 hours with a fruit wood (apple wood)
  2. Peel, cube and boil potatoes with a pinch of salt.
  3. Warm the fish, bay leaves, coarse pepper and parsley stems in a pat of butter.
  4. Add milk and simmer for 2 minutes.
  5. Remove the fish, strain the milk, discard the spices,
  6. Dice and sautée onion in butter.
  7. Add Onion, rough mash, chopped parsley, salt and pepper to taste.
  8. Bring to a boil and remove from heat.
  9. Serve with flaked fish on top and crusty bread.

Ah, Cullen Skink! 😋 Such a comforting Scottish dish, perfect for chilly days. I've made it a few times myself, and there's something magical about the combination of smoked haddock, potatoes, and creamy goodness. This recipe looks solid, but I might add a touch of fresh parsley at the end for a pop of color and freshness. Can't wait to whip up a batch and transport myself to the Scottish Highlands! 🏴🥣

Back