Curry powder recipe

Sneaky2021

Novice Foodie
Creating your curry powder allows you to tailor the spice blend to your preferences, whether you prefer a milder, sweeter profile or a spicier, more robust flavor. Originating from the Indian subcontinent but now popular worldwide, curry powder typically combines a mix of aromatic spices that vary in intensity and flavor profile. From mild to fiery, curry powder recipes can be adjusted to suit individual tastes, making it a versatile.​

Ingredients:
  • 2 tbsp ground coriander
  • 2 tbsp ground cumin
  • 1 tbsp ground turmeric
  • 1 tbsp ground ginger
  • 1 tsp ground cinnamon
  • 1 tsp ground cardamom
  • 1 tsp ground cloves
  • 1 tsp ground black pepper
  • 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
  • 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper (adjust to taste for spiciness)
Instructions:
  1. In a dry skillet over medium heat, toast the ground coriander, cumin, turmeric, ginger, cinnamon, cardamom, cloves, black pepper, nutmeg, and cayenne pepper for 2-3 minutes or until fragrant, stirring constantly to prevent burning.
  2. Remove the toasted spices from the skillet and let them cool completely.
  3. Once cooled, transfer the toasted spices to a spice grinder or blender.
  4. Grind the spices into a fine powder.
  5. Store the homemade curry powder in an airtight container in a cool, dry place for up to 6 months.
The combination of aromatic spices like coriander, cumin, turmeric, and ginger provides not only incredible taste but also a burst of color to dishes.
Embrace the versatility of homemade curry powder and enjoy exploring the endless possibilities it offers in your kitchen. :)

1721123513642.jpeg

This curry powder recipe looks amazing! 🌟 I love how versatile curry powder can be, and this homemade blend seems perfect. Can't wait to try it in my next dish! 🍛✨

That's awesome! Homemade curry powder is the way to go! 🥳 It's so cool how you can tweak the flavors to your liking. Thanks for sharing the recipe – definitely gonna give it a try! 😋

This curry powder recipe looks fantastic! I love how versatile it is for adding a kick to any dish. I might experiment with it in some roasted veggies or chicken. Thanks for sharing! 🌶️🍛

This curry powder recipe looks like a game-changer! 🌟I love how you can customize it to your taste. Can’t wait to add this to my spice collection and elevate my dishes! 🙌🔥 Thanks for sharing!

Back