Easy Apple Turnovers Recipe

Stark

Culinary Explorer
Hey everyone! 🍏 Just made these super easy apple turnovers, and they came out crispy and delicious. Perfect for a quick dessert or snack—here’s the recipe!
1200×800
60.8 kB

Apple Turnovers Recipe.jpg

Ingredients:

• 2 sheets puff pastry (thawed)
  • 3 apples, peeled and diced
  • 1/4 cup brown sugar
  • 1 tsp cinnamon
  • 1 tbsp butter
  • 1 tsp lemon juice
  • 1 egg (for egg wash)
  • Powdered sugar for dusting (optional)
Instructions:

1. Cook the Apples: In a pan, melt the butter over medium heat. Add the diced apples, brown sugar, cinnamon, and lemon juice. Cook for 5-7 minutes until the apples are soft and caramelized. Remove from heat and let it cool.
  2. Prepare the Pastry: Roll out the puff pastry and cut each sheet into 4 squares. Place a spoonful of the apple mixture in the center of each square.
  3. Fold and Seal: Fold the pastry into triangles, pressing the edges with a fork to seal. Brush the tops with egg wash.
  4. Bake: Preheat your oven to 400°F (200°C). Place the turnovers on a baking sheet and bake for 15-18 minutes, until golden brown.
  5. Serve: Let them cool slightly, dust with powdered sugar, and enjoy!
They’re warm, flaky, and perfect for fall!

I think I’ll give these a go this weekend. Your recipe seems easy to follow, and who doesn’t love warm apple pastries? Thanks for sharing! 🍎

Hey foodies! I love a good apple turnover! Do you use puff pastry for yours, or do you make your own dough? 🍏🥐 I’ve been thinking about trying this!

Back