Easy Baked Sushi Recipe

Caramellyy_

Culinary Explorer
Hey, Everyone! Craving for some sushi baked but you're too lazy to go out and buy some store-brought one? I've got you! Because I will be sharing to you my recipe for some creamy and tasty sushi baked. 😋🍣

Ingredients:

2 cups sushi rice
2 1/2 cups water
1/2 cup rice vinegar
2 tablespoons sugar
1 teaspoon salt
Nori (seaweed) sheets
Fillings of your choice (e.g., avocado, cucumber, cooked shrimp, imitation crab, smoked salmon, cream cheese)
Soy sauce, for serving
Wasabi and pickled ginger (optional), for serving

Instructions:
  1. Rinse the sushi rice under cold water until the water runs clear. Combine the rice and water in a rice cooker and cook according to the manufacturer's instructions.
  2. While the rice is cooking, prepare the sushi vinegar by combining the rice vinegar, sugar, and salt in a small saucepan over low heat. Stir until the sugar and salt are dissolved. Remove from heat and let it cool.
  3. Once the rice is cooked, transfer it to a large bowl and gently fold in the sushi vinegar until well combined. Be careful not to smash the rice grains.
  4. Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C).
  5. Lay a sheet of nori on a bamboo sushi rolling mat or a clean kitchen towel. Spread a thin layer of sushi rice evenly over the nori, leaving about 1 inch of space at the top.
  6. Arrange your desired fillings in a line across the center of the rice.
  7. Carefully roll up the sushi using the bamboo mat or towel, applying gentle pressure to seal the roll.
  8. Once rolled, place the sushi seam side down on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
  9. Bake the sushi rolls in the preheated oven for about 15-20 minutes, or until the nori is slightly crispy and the filling is heated through.
  10. Remove from the oven and let the sushi cool for a few minutes before slicing into individual pieces.
  11. Serve the baked sushi with soy sauce, wasabi, and pickled ginger on the side.

If I'm wanting sushi baked, this is my go-to midnight snack and I hope you enjoy it too! Try this and update me if you also like it. 😋🍣🥰

baked sushi.jpg

That sounds absolutely delicious! 🍣😋 Homemade baked sushi with a creamy twist sounds like the perfect solution for satisfying those sushi cravings without leaving home. Thanks for sharing your recipe—I can't wait to give it a try!

Back