Easy Caramel Popcorn

Kurt

Culinary Explorer
Perfect for a movie date!
Easy Caramel Popcorn.jpg

Ingredients:​

• 1/2 cup popcorn kernels (or 10 cups pre-popped popcorn)
  • 1 cup brown sugar
  • 1/4 cup unsalted butter
  • 1/4 cup light corn syrup
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract

Instructions:​

1. Pop the popcorn using your preferred method and place it in a large bowl. Make sure to remove any unpopped kernels.
  2. Preheat your oven to 250°F (120°C) and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
  3. In a medium saucepan, combine the brown sugar, butter, corn syrup, and salt over medium heat. Stir constantly until the mixture comes to a gentle boil.
  4. Once boiling, let the mixture cook without stirring for about 4-5 minutes. The caramel should turn a slightly darker shade and reach the soft ball stage (about 235°F/118°C on a candy thermometer).
  5. Remove the caramel from the heat and quickly stir in the baking soda and vanilla extract. Be careful as the mixture will bubble up.
  6. Pour the hot caramel over the popcorn and gently toss to coat the popcorn evenly.
  7. Spread the caramel-coated popcorn onto the prepared baking sheet in an even layer.
  8. Bake the popcorn in the preheated oven for about 45-60 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes to ensure even coating and prevent burning.
  9. Once done, remove the caramel popcorn from the oven and let it cool completely on the baking sheet. As it cools, the caramel will harden.
  10. Break the caramel popcorn into pieces and store it in an airtight container at room temperature for up to a week.
Enjoy your homemade caramel popcorn as a delicious snack for movie nights or any occasion!

This Easy Caramel Popcorn recipe looks like the perfect treat! 🍿😍 I love how simple it is to make, and I can already imagine how deliciously sweet and crunchy it will be. Can't wait to whip up a batch for movie night!

Feel free to add your favorite mix-ins! I think chopped nuts, pretzels, or chocolate chips would be delicious additions, though you can keep it simple with just the caramel-coated popcorn. 🥨

Back