Easy Steps to Cook Java Rice at Home!

Annie_girl

Novice Foodie
Hey there, fellow food enthusiasts! Today, I'm super excited to share with you one of my all-time favorite recipes that never fails to impress – Java Rice! If you're a fan of aromatic, flavorful rice dishes, then this one is definitely going to tickle your taste buds.

Let me share the ingredients and steps to create this mouthwatering Java Rice at home!

Ingredients:

• 2 cups of cooked white rice (preferably cooled or leftover rice for best results)
    Java-rice-on-a-plate-featured-image.jpg
  • 2 tablespoons of butter or vegetable oil
  • 1 small onion, finely chopped
  • 2 cloves of garlic, minced
  • 1 teaspoon of soy sauce
  • 1 teaspoon of tomato ketchup
  • 1/2 teaspoon of curry powder
  • Salt and pepper to taste
  • Optional: chopped green onions or cilantro for garnish
Instructions:

Step 1: Heat the butter or vegetable oil in a large pan over medium heat until melted and hot.

Step 2: Add the chopped onions and minced garlic to the pan. Sauté them until they turn soft and translucent, releasing their wonderful aromas.

Step 3: Once the onions and garlic are nicely cooked, add the cooked white rice to the pan. Use a spatula to break up any clumps and ensure that the rice gets coated evenly with the butter/oil mixture.

Step 4: Drizzle the soy sauce and tomato ketchup over the rice. These two ingredients not only add flavor but also give the rice its signature vibrant color.

Step 5:
Sprinkle the curry powder, salt, and pepper over the rice. Adjust the seasoning according to your taste preferences. Feel free to add a bit more curry powder if you prefer a stronger flavor profile.

Step 6: Continue to stir-fry the rice for a few more minutes, allowing all the flavors to meld together beautifully. Keep an eye on the heat to prevent the rice from sticking to the pan.

Step 7: Once the Java Rice is heated through and infused with all the delicious flavors, it's ready to serve! Transfer it to a serving dish and garnish with chopped green onions or cilantro for an extra pop of freshness.

Whether you're cooking for a family dinner or hosting a gathering with friends, this Java Rice recipe is sure to be a hit. It's simple yet packed with flavor, making it a standout dish that will have everyone asking for seconds.

It's up to you if you will add a sunny side up egg on top!

Your Java Rice recipe looks delicious! I'm intrigued by the combination of flavors you've used, especially the addition of soy sauce and garlic. Can you tell me if the rice needs to be cooked in any special way to absorb all those amazing flavors, or is it just cooked like regular rice? Thanks for sharing this unique recipe!

These easy steps to make Java Rice at home are a game-changer! With just a few simple ingredients, I can whip up a delicious Filipino-inspired side dish in no time. The combination of garlic, onions, soy sauce, and banana ketchup creates the perfect balance of flavors. Absolutely love it! :love::love:

Back