Egg-cellent Eats: The Charm of Egg Pie

Bubbles

Culinary Explorer
Hello! I'm obsessed with this egg pie recipe—it's hands down my favorite dish to whip up when I'm craving something hearty and comforting. Today, I'm excited to share it with all of you!

Ingredients:
Egg-cellent Eats The Charm of Egg Pie.jpg

• 1 store-bought or homemade pie crust
  • 6 large eggs
  • 1 cup milk
  • 1/2 cup heavy cream
  • 1 cup shredded cheese (such as cheddar, mozzarella, or Swiss)
  • 1/2 cup diced cooked ham or bacon (optional)
  • 1/4 cup chopped green onions or chives
  • Salt and pepper to taste
  • Pinch of nutmeg (optional)
Instructions:
  1. Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C) and place the pie crust in a 9-inch pie dish, pressing it firmly against the bottom and sides.
  2. In a mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, and heavy cream until well combined.
  3. Stir in the shredded cheese, diced ham or bacon (if using), chopped green onions or chives, salt, pepper, and nutmeg (if using), until evenly distributed.
  4. Pour the egg mixture into the prepared pie crust.
  5. Place the pie dish on a baking sheet to catch any spills, and carefully transfer it to the preheated oven.
  6. Bake for 30-35 minutes, or until the center is set and the top is golden brown.
  7. Remove the egg pie from the oven and let it cool for a few minutes before slicing and serving.
I hope you enjoy making and savoring this delicious egg pie recipe as much as I do! It's a versatile dish that you can customize with your favorite ingredients🥚🥧😋

It looks pretty tasty. I might give it a shot this weekend when I have some free time in the kitchen. Love how versatile it is, too. Who doesn't love a good customizable dish, right?

Back