Enchilada Sauce Recipe

ChocoJay

Culinary Explorer
122×188
Hey everyone, I want to introduce you to a simple and delicious recipe for enchilada sauce! 🌶️🍅 In just a few easy steps, you'll have a flavorful sauce perfect for your favorite enchiladas. Let's get started! 🎉
View attachment 4034
Ingredients:
  • 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
  • 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
  • 4 tablespoons chili powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
  • 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 2 cups chicken or vegetable broth
  • 1 (8-ounce) can tomato sauce
  • 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar or white vinegar
  • 1 teaspoon sugar (optional, to balance acidity)
Instructions:
  1. Heat the vegetable oil in a saucepan over medium heat.
  2. Stir in the flour and chili powder, and cook for 1 minute, stirring constantly.
  3. Add the garlic powder, onion powder, oregano, cumin, and salt. Cook for an additional minute to toast the spices.
  4. Gradually whisk in the chicken or vegetable broth, making sure there are no lumps.
  5. Stir in the tomato sauce, vinegar, and sugar (if using). Bring the mixture to a simmer.
  6. Reduce the heat to low and let the sauce simmer for about 10-15 minutes, stirring occasionally, until it thickens to your desired consistency.
  7. Taste and adjust seasoning, adding more salt or spices if needed.
  8. Once done, use the enchilada sauce immediately in your favorite recipes, or let it cool completely before storing it in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
Enjoy your homemade enchilada sauce!

This enchilada sauce recipe looks legit! 🌶️🔥 Definitely going to try making it from scratch next taco night. Thanks for sharing the spice!

This looks like a really easy recipe, perfect for someone like me who isn't the most confident cook. I love that it has all the basic spices you need for a good enchilada sauce. 🙂👌😋🌸

Back