Famous Shepherd's Pie

Wizzlylabsfud

Culinary Explorer
Shepherd's Pie is the ultimate comfort food that people all over the world adore. Trust me, it's bursting with delicious flavors! 🥧🥧🥧
FOLLOW ME!♥

1 1/8 lb of lamb mince
1 1/8 lb of carrots, sliced
8 3/4 oz of onion, diced
4 1/2 oz of celery
1/4 oz of thyme
4 1/4 fl oz of white wine
4 1/4 fl oz of lamb stock
1 tbsp of Worcestershire sauce
2 tbsp of ketchup
1 1/8 lb of potatoes
2 egg yolks
oil
salt
pepper
4 1/4 oz of butter

Bring a pot of water to the boil and then drop in the potatoes. Boil for 15 minutes or until the potatoes are tender. Drain and then add the butter. Mash the potatoes until all lumps are removed and set aside
1 1/8 lb of potatoes
4 1/4 oz of butter
----------

Place the lamb in a large pot or casserole dish with a little oil and cook until nicely browned. Drain to remove any excess fat and then return to the pot
1 1/8 lb of lamb mince
oil
------------

Place the pot over a medium heat and add the white wine. Heat until reduced by half then add the vegetables and cook until they are softened but retain their crunch
4 1/4 fl oz of white wine
1 1/8 lb of carrots
8 3/4 oz of onion
4 1/2 oz of celery
---------------

Add the stock and reduce until the meat has absorbed all the liquid. Add more stock if the pie mix is a little dry. Season with salt, pepper and thyme and stir in the ketchup and Worcestershire sauce
4 1/4 fl oz of lamb stock
1/4 oz of thyme
salt
pepper
1 tbsp of Worcestershire sauce
2 tbsp of ketchup
--------------

Mix in 2 egg yolks to the mash - this will give the mash topping a glossy finish - and then spoon into a piping bag. Pipe the mash on top of the pie filling until completely covered
2 egg yolks
------------

Place the pot or dish in an oven set to 200°C/gas mark 6 and cook for around 30 minutes, or until golden brown and bubbling. Serve immediately

So, give it a shot and make your own shepherd's pie with these cool tricks... it's super yummy, promise! 🥧😋

Shepherd's Pie.jpg

I've always loved Shepherd's Pie, but this recipe elevates it to a whole new level! The secret ingredients like white wine and thyme add such a rich and aromatic flavor to the filling. And piping the mashed potatoes on top? Brilliant! It creates a beautiful presentation and ensures that every bite is perfectly balanced. This is comfort food at its finest!

Are you sure that it is a comfort food? Well, I am :love: as soon as I see the sample picture and I am instantly in love with this ❤️

Back