Fish Fillet Beancurd

ade11e

Novice Foodie
If you want a tofu dish with a fish fillet that combines the tender fish fillets with soft tofu in a savory sauce, this recipe that I'm sharing is definitely for you! 🐟

Easy Fish Fillet Beancurd Recipe​

fishfilletbeancurd.jpg

Ingredients:​

• 500g firm tofu, cut into large cubes
  • 400g fish fillets (such as tilapia or cod), cut into bite-sized pieces
  • 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
  • 3 cloves garlic, minced
  • 1-inch piece of ginger, thinly sliced
  • 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
  • 1 green bell pepper, thinly sliced
  • 1 carrot, julienned
  • 4-5 shiitake mushrooms, sliced
  • 2 green onions, chopped (for garnish)
  • Sesame seeds (for garnish)

For the sauce:​

• 2 tablespoons soy sauce
  • 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
  • 1 tablespoon hoisin sauce
  • 1 tablespoon Shaoxing wine or dry sherry
  • 1 tablespoon cornstarch
  • 1/2 cup water or vegetable broth

Instructions:​

1. Prepare the Tofu and Fish:
    • Cut the tofu into large cubes and pat them dry with paper towels to remove excess moisture.
    • Cut the fish fillets into bite-sized pieces and set aside.
  2. Prepare the Sauce:
    • In a small bowl, whisk together the soy sauce, oyster sauce, hoisin sauce, Shaoxing wine (or dry sherry), cornstarch, and water (or vegetable broth) until well combined. Set aside.
  3. Cook the Tofu and Fish:
    • Heat the vegetable oil in a large skillet or wok over medium heat.
    • Add the minced garlic and thinly sliced ginger to the skillet. Stir-fry for about 1 minute until fragrant.
    • Carefully add the tofu cubes to the skillet, arranging them in a single layer. Cook for about 3-4 minutes on each side until they are golden brown and crispy. Remove the tofu from the skillet and set aside.
    • In the same skillet, add the fish fillet pieces. Cook for about 2-3 minutes on each side until they are cooked through. Remove the fish from the skillet and set aside.
  4. Stir-fry Vegetables:
    • Add the sliced bell peppers, julienned carrot, and sliced shiitake mushrooms to the skillet. Stir-fry for about 3-4 minutes until the vegetables are tender-crisp.
  5. Combine Everything:
    • Return the cooked tofu and fish to the skillet with the stir-fried vegetables.
    • Give the sauce mixture a quick stir to recombine, then pour it over the tofu, fish, and vegetables in the skillet.
    • Gently toss everything together until the tofu, fish, and vegetables are evenly coated with the sauce.
  6. Serve:
    • Transfer the Fish Fillet Beancurd to a serving dish or platter.
    • Garnish with chopped green onions and sesame seeds.
    • Serve hot with steamed rice or noodles on the side.
Enjoy your homemade Fish Fillet Beancurd with friends and family! Adjust the seasoning and vegetables according to your taste preferences.

If you want a tofu dish with a fish fillet that combines the tender fish fillets with soft tofu in a savory sauce, this recipe that I'm sharing is definitely for you! 🐟

Easy Fish Fillet Beancurd Recipe​

View attachment 1701

Ingredients:​

• 500g firm tofu, cut into large cubes
  • 400g fish fillets (such as tilapia or cod), cut into bite-sized pieces
  • 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
  • 3 cloves garlic, minced
  • 1-inch piece of ginger, thinly sliced
  • 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
  • 1 green bell pepper, thinly sliced
  • 1 carrot, julienned
  • 4-5 shiitake mushrooms, sliced
  • 2 green onions, chopped (for garnish)
  • Sesame seeds (for garnish)

For the sauce:​

• 2 tablespoons soy sauce
  • 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
  • 1 tablespoon hoisin sauce
  • 1 tablespoon Shaoxing wine or dry sherry
  • 1 tablespoon cornstarch
  • 1/2 cup water or vegetable broth

Instructions:​

1. Prepare the Tofu and Fish:
    • Cut the tofu into large cubes and pat them dry with paper towels to remove excess moisture.
    • Cut the fish fillets into bite-sized pieces and set aside.
  2. Prepare the Sauce:
    • In a small bowl, whisk together the soy sauce, oyster sauce, hoisin sauce, Shaoxing wine (or dry sherry), cornstarch, and water (or vegetable broth) until well combined. Set aside.
  3. Cook the Tofu and Fish:
    • Heat the vegetable oil in a large skillet or wok over medium heat.
    • Add the minced garlic and thinly sliced ginger to the skillet. Stir-fry for about 1 minute until fragrant.
    • Carefully add the tofu cubes to the skillet, arranging them in a single layer. Cook for about 3-4 minutes on each side until they are golden brown and crispy. Remove the tofu from the skillet and set aside.
    • In the same skillet, add the fish fillet pieces. Cook for about 2-3 minutes on each side until they are cooked through. Remove the fish from the skillet and set aside.
  4. Stir-fry Vegetables:
    • Add the sliced bell peppers, julienned carrot, and sliced shiitake mushrooms to the skillet. Stir-fry for about 3-4 minutes until the vegetables are tender-crisp.
  5. Combine Everything:
    • Return the cooked tofu and fish to the skillet with the stir-fried vegetables.
    • Give the sauce mixture a quick stir to recombine, then pour it over the tofu, fish, and vegetables in the skillet.
    • Gently toss everything together until the tofu, fish, and vegetables are evenly coated with the sauce.
  6. Serve:
    • Transfer the Fish Fillet Beancurd to a serving dish or platter.
    • Garnish with chopped green onions and sesame seeds.
    • Serve hot with steamed rice or noodles on the side.
Enjoy your homemade Fish Fillet Beancurd with friends and family! Adjust the seasoning and vegetables according to your taste preferences.
I appreciate how versatile this recipe is with the choice of vegetables. I might add some snap peas or broccoli for extra crunch!

I love the idea of combining fish fillets with tofu in a savory sauce - it sounds like the perfect balance of flavors and textures. Also, it's great that the ingredients are pretty accessible!😋

Sounds awesome! I like my fish and beancurd in a slightly thick sauce — this recipe for Easy Fish Fillet Beancurd is going on my list. That sounds pretty delicious to me, thank you for sharing or sharing the information about it. 🐟👌

Back