Fluffy Angel Food Cake

Timmy24

Culinary Explorer
Greetings! I want to share one of my most loved dessert recipes with you: Angel Food Cake! It is airy, fluffy, and completely tempting- ideal for any event. Prepare yourself to enjoy this divine treat! 🍰✨

Angel Food Cake.jpg

Ingredients​

• 3/4 cup – 1 cup (98g-130g) cake flour OR all purpose flour*
  • 1 3/4 cups (362g) sugar, divided
  • 1/4 tsp salt
  • 1 1/2 cups egg whites, room temperature (about 10–12 large egg whites)*
  • 1 1/2 tsp cream of tartar
  • 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract

Instructions​

1. Preheat oven to 375°F and have an ungreased tube pan.
  2. Combine half of the sugar (3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons or 181g), flour and salt and sift them together 5 times. Set aside.
  3. Whip egg whites with a mixer on low speed until they get frothy, then add the cream of tartar and vanilla extract.
  4. Increase speed to medium and continue whipping, adding remaining sugar 1 tablespoon at a time. Wait 5-10 seconds between each addition to give time for the sugar to incorporate.
  5. Increase to medium-high speed and whip until it reaches stiff peaks.
  6. Using a rubber spatula, gently fold the flour mixture into the egg whites 1/4 cup at a time. Sift the flour mixture again as you add it to the egg whites. Repeat until all the flour mixture has been added.
  7. Pour the batter into the ungreased pan and smooth evenly, then run a knife through the batter to break up any air bubbles. I like to run it around the outside wall and inside wall of the pan as well. Air bubbles that sit against the sides of the pan can give it little air pockets on the edges once baked.
  8. Bake until lightly golden on top and a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean, about 28-30 minutes.
  9. Immediately after removing from the oven, turn the cake upside down to cool. Your tube pan should have little feet to rest on white it cools. Allow it to cool for about an 1 hour.
  10. Once cooled, turn it right side up and run a knife or spatula along the outside and inside walls of the pan to loosen it. Invert the cake onto a serving plate.
  11. Slice the cake with a serrated knife and use a careful sawing motion so that you don’t smash the cake. Serve as is or with fresh fruit, whipped cream or other toppings. Cake is best when stored at room temperature in an air tight container for 3-4 days.

Enjoy! 😋

Wow, this looks heavenly! I've always been a fan of light, airy desserts, and this seems like the perfect treat for a sunny afternoon. I can already imagine the soft texture and delicate flavor melting in my mouth with each bite. Can't wait to give it a try and impress my friends and family with this delightful creation.

Wow, this looks heavenly! I've always been a fan of light, airy desserts, and this seems like the perfect treat for a sunny afternoon. I can already imagine the soft texture and delicate flavor melting in my mouth with each bite. Can't wait to give it a try and impress my friends and family with this delightful creation.
It really is heavenly! 😊🍰 Your description has me craving a slice already. Let me know how it turns out for you! It's sure to be a hit with your loved ones. Enjoy every sweet bite! 🌟🍽️

This classic Angel Food Cake recipe is like fluffy magic in your mouth! The tips on sifting and folding are key, and the finishing touches make it perfect. Can't wait to dig in! 🍰✨

Greetings! I want to share one of my most loved dessert recipes with you: Angel Food Cake! It is airy, fluffy, and completely tempting- ideal for any event. Prepare yourself to enjoy this divine treat! 🍰✨

View attachment 1649

Ingredients​

• 3/4 cup – 1 cup (98g-130g) cake flour OR all purpose flour*
  • 1 3/4 cups (362g) sugar, divided
  • 1/4 tsp salt
  • 1 1/2 cups egg whites, room temperature (about 10–12 large egg whites)*
  • 1 1/2 tsp cream of tartar
  • 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract

Instructions​

1. Preheat oven to 375°F and have an ungreased tube pan.
  2. Combine half of the sugar (3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons or 181g), flour and salt and sift them together 5 times. Set aside.
  3. Whip egg whites with a mixer on low speed until they get frothy, then add the cream of tartar and vanilla extract.
  4. Increase speed to medium and continue whipping, adding remaining sugar 1 tablespoon at a time. Wait 5-10 seconds between each addition to give time for the sugar to incorporate.
  5. Increase to medium-high speed and whip until it reaches stiff peaks.
  6. Using a rubber spatula, gently fold the flour mixture into the egg whites 1/4 cup at a time. Sift the flour mixture again as you add it to the egg whites. Repeat until all the flour mixture has been added.
  7. Pour the batter into the ungreased pan and smooth evenly, then run a knife through the batter to break up any air bubbles. I like to run it around the outside wall and inside wall of the pan as well. Air bubbles that sit against the sides of the pan can give it little air pockets on the edges once baked.
  8. Bake until lightly golden on top and a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean, about 28-30 minutes.
  9. Immediately after removing from the oven, turn the cake upside down to cool. Your tube pan should have little feet to rest on white it cools. Allow it to cool for about an 1 hour.
  10. Once cooled, turn it right side up and run a knife or spatula along the outside and inside walls of the pan to loosen it. Invert the cake onto a serving plate.
  11. Slice the cake with a serrated knife and use a careful sawing motion so that you don’t smash the cake. Serve as is or with fresh fruit, whipped cream or other toppings. Cake is best when stored at room temperature in an air tight container for 3-4 days.

Enjoy! 😋
Thanks for sharing the Fluffy Angel Food Cake recipe! It sounds like a delightful and airy dessert, perfect for enjoying the light and fluffy texture of angel food cake. Can't wait to make this heavenly treat for a sweet and satisfying dessert. 🍰😇🍽️

Back