Frog Eye Salad Recipe 🐸🥗

Ui Ui

Culinary Explorer
Hey there, food lovers! Get ready to impress everyone with this unique and delightful Frog Eye Salad! It’s a sweet, creamy, and fruity pasta salad that’s perfect for any gathering. The tiny acini di pepe pasta gives it the perfect "frog eye" texture, and the combination of fruits, whipped topping, and marshmallows make it irresistibly delicious. Whether you're serving it at a family BBQ, potluck, or just craving something different, this salad will surely be a hit! Let’s dive into this nostalgic favorite! 🎉🍍

Frog Eye Salad.jpg
Ingredients:
  • 1 ¾ cups unsweetened pineapple juice​
  • 1 cup white sugar​
  • 2 eggs, beaten​
  • 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour​
  • 2 ½ teaspoons salt, divided​
  • 1 tablespoon lemon juice​
  • 1 tablespoon vegetable oil​
  • 1 (16-ounce) package acini di pepe pasta​
  • 3 (11-ounce) cans mandarin oranges, drained​
  • 2 (20-ounce) cans pineapple tidbits, drained​
  • 1 (20-ounce) can crushed pineapple, drained​
  • 1 (8-ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed​
  • 1 cup miniature marshmallows​
  • 1 cup shredded coconut​
Instructions:
  1. Prepare the Egg Mixture: In a saucepan, combine the pineapple juice, sugar, beaten eggs, flour, and ½ teaspoon salt. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until the mixture thickens. Once thickened, remove from heat and stir in the lemon juice. Let it cool to room temperature, which should take about an hour.​
  2. Cook the Pasta: While the egg mixture is cooling, bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add the vegetable oil and the remaining 2 teaspoons of salt. Cook the acini di pepe pasta until al dente, about 5 to 7 minutes. Drain the pasta and rinse it under cold water to stop the cooking process.​
  3. Mix the Salad: In a large bowl, combine the cooked pasta with the cooled egg mixture. Add the mandarin oranges, pineapple tidbits, crushed pineapple, and thawed whipped topping. Mix everything together until well combined.​
  4. Chill: Cover the bowl and refrigerate the salad until it’s chilled, ideally for 8 hours or overnight. This allows the flavors to meld together.​
  5. Finish and Serve: Just before serving, fold in the miniature marshmallows and shredded coconut. Toss everything together gently and serve!​
Enjoy your delightful Frog Eye Salad! Perfect for any occasion! 🥥🍊🎉

This Frog Eye Salad looks so fun and refreshing! 🐸🥗 I love the mix of sweet and creamy flavors in it. Can't wait to try it out—it seems perfect for a summer treat. Thanks for sharing this awesome recipe! 😊

Omg, Frog Eye Salad sounds like a total hit! Thanks for the awesome recipe share—this is def gonna steal the show at my next BBQ! Can’t wait to try it out, especially with that sweet and fruity combo. Appreciate you for sharing! 🙌🍊

This Frog Eye Salad sounds like a fun twist on a classic, with that creamy and fruity vibe making it perfect for any get-together! 🙌🍍 Thanks for sharing this tasty suggestion, it’s definitely going on my must-try list! 😋

Hey there, food lovers! Get ready to impress everyone with this unique and delightful Frog Eye Salad! It’s a sweet, creamy, and fruity pasta salad that’s perfect for any gathering. The tiny acini di pepe pasta gives it the perfect "frog eye" texture, and the combination of fruits, whipped topping, and marshmallows make it irresistibly delicious. Whether you're serving it at a family BBQ, potluck, or just craving something different, this salad will surely be a hit! Let’s dive into this nostalgic favorite! 🎉🍍

View attachment 5586Ingredients:
  • 1 ¾ cups unsweetened pineapple juice​
  • 1 cup white sugar​
  • 2 eggs, beaten​
  • 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour​
  • 2 ½ teaspoons salt, divided​
  • 1 tablespoon lemon juice​
  • 1 tablespoon vegetable oil​
  • 1 (16-ounce) package acini di pepe pasta​
  • 3 (11-ounce) cans mandarin oranges, drained​
  • 2 (20-ounce) cans pineapple tidbits, drained​
  • 1 (20-ounce) can crushed pineapple, drained​
  • 1 (8-ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed​
  • 1 cup miniature marshmallows​
  • 1 cup shredded coconut​
Instructions:
  1. Prepare the Egg Mixture: In a saucepan, combine the pineapple juice, sugar, beaten eggs, flour, and ½ teaspoon salt. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until the mixture thickens. Once thickened, remove from heat and stir in the lemon juice. Let it cool to room temperature, which should take about an hour.​
  2. Cook the Pasta: While the egg mixture is cooling, bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add the vegetable oil and the remaining 2 teaspoons of salt. Cook the acini di pepe pasta until al dente, about 5 to 7 minutes. Drain the pasta and rinse it under cold water to stop the cooking process.​
  3. Mix the Salad: In a large bowl, combine the cooked pasta with the cooled egg mixture. Add the mandarin oranges, pineapple tidbits, crushed pineapple, and thawed whipped topping. Mix everything together until well combined.​
  4. Chill: Cover the bowl and refrigerate the salad until it’s chilled, ideally for 8 hours or overnight. This allows the flavors to meld together.​
  5. Finish and Serve: Just before serving, fold in the miniature marshmallows and shredded coconut. Toss everything together gently and serve!​
Enjoy your delightful Frog Eye Salad! Perfect for any occasion! 🥥🍊🎉
Hey guys! I think Frog Eye Salad is such a fun and unique dish! Though, you might want to adjust the sweetness based on your taste, as it can be quite sugary. 🍯

Frog Eye Salad sounds like such a fun and unique dish! 🐸🥗 The mix of flavors and textures must be amazing. Can’t wait to try making this! Thanks for sharing! 🌟

This Frog Eye Salad looks so fun and refreshing! 🐸🥗 I love the mix of sweet and creamy flavors in it. Can't wait to try it out—it seems perfect for a summer treat. Thanks for sharing this awesome recipe! 😊
Hey! So glad you’re excited to try it out! It’s definitely a fun summer treat—hope it’s as refreshing for you as it was for me! Thanks for the awesome feedback! 😊

Omg, Frog Eye Salad sounds like a total hit! Thanks for the awesome recipe share—this is def gonna steal the show at my next BBQ! Can’t wait to try it out, especially with that sweet and fruity combo. Appreciate you for sharing! 🙌🍊

So glad you’re excited! 🙌 I’m sure Frog Eye Salad will be a huge hit at your BBQ—thanks for the shoutout! 🍊

This Frog Eye Salad sounds like a fun twist on a classic, with that creamy and fruity vibe making it perfect for any get-together! 🙌🍍 Thanks for sharing this tasty suggestion, it’s definitely going on my must-try list! 😋
Totally stoked you’re adding Frog Eye Salad to your list! It’s a crowd-pleaser with that creamy, fruity goodness. Thanks for the shoutout! 😄

Hey guys! I think Frog Eye Salad is such a fun and unique dish! Though, you might want to adjust the sweetness based on your taste, as it can be quite sugary. 🍯
Totally agree! Frog Eye Salad is a blast to make and adjust the sweetness to your liking. Thanks for the tip! 🍭

Frog Eye Salad sounds like such a fun and unique dish! 🐸🥗 The mix of flavors and textures must be amazing. Can’t wait to try making this! Thanks for sharing! 🌟
Totally! Frog Eye Salad is a blast to make and super tasty! Thanks a ton for the shoutout and hope you enjoy it as much as I do! 😊

Back