Gelato Recipe

Kento Nanami

Culinary Explorer
Hi everyone! This gelato recipe comes from my Italian mother-in-law. You can use this basic recipe as a base for your favorite flavors. Try adding vanilla, shaved chocolate, or your favorite fruits. Feel free to experiment with different flavors! I'm sure you'll love it too! 🥰

Gelato Recipe.jpg

Ingredients

• 2 cups milk
  • 1 cup heavy cream
  • 4 egg yolks
  • ½ cup sugar
Directions
  1. Mix milk and cream in a medium saucepan. Warm until foam forms around the edges. Remove from heat.
  2. Beat egg yolks and sugar until frothy in a large bowl. Gradually pour the warm milk into the egg yolk mixture, whisking constantly. Return mixture to saucepan; cook over medium heat, stirring with a wooden spoon until it thickens slightly and coats the back of the spoon. If small egg lumps appear, remove from heat immediately.
  3. Pour the mixture through a sieve into a bowl. Cover and chill for several hours or overnight.
  4. Pour the chilled mixture into an ice cream maker, and freeze according to the manufacturer's instructions. Transfer to a sealed container and freeze until firm. If the gelato is too firm, let it soften in the refrigerator until it reaches the desired consistency.

Last edited:
For a decadent twist, you could swirl in some Nutella or peanut butter during the last few minutes of churning. It creates a rich, indulgent treat that's hard to resist, though! 🥜🍫"

For a decadent twist, you could swirl in some Nutella or peanut butter during the last few minutes of churning. It creates a rich, indulgent treat that's hard to resist, though! 🥜🍫"

Oh yeah, adding Nutella or peanut butter to the ice cream is a game-changer! It's seriously addictive, can't get enough of that rich flavor combo. 🤤🍦

Hi everyone! This gelato recipe comes from my Italian mother-in-law. You can use this basic recipe as a base for your favorite flavors. Try adding vanilla, shaved chocolate, or your favorite fruits. Feel free to experiment with different flavors! I'm sure you'll love it too! 🥰

View attachment 3872
Ingredients

• 2 cups milk
  • 1 cup heavy cream
  • 4 egg yolks
  • ½ cup sugar
Directions
  1. Mix milk and cream in a medium saucepan. Warm until foam forms around the edges. Remove from heat.
  2. Beat egg yolks and sugar until frothy in a large bowl. Gradually pour the warm milk into the egg yolk mixture, whisking constantly. Return mixture to saucepan; cook over medium heat, stirring with a wooden spoon until it thickens slightly and coats the back of the spoon. If small egg lumps appear, remove from heat immediately.
  3. Pour the mixture through a sieve into a bowl. Cover and chill for several hours or overnight.
  4. Pour the chilled mixture into an ice cream maker, and freeze according to the manufacturer's instructions. Transfer to a sealed container and freeze until firm. If the gelato is too firm, let it soften in the refrigerator until it reaches the desired consistency.
This gelato recipe looks amazing! Has anyone tried adding some fresh fruit or chocolate chips? Can't wait to make this for a summer treat! 🍦🍓🍫

Indulging in homemade gelato feels like a taste of Italy in my own kitchen – creamy, decadent, and utterly divine!

Thanks a ton for trying out my gelato recipe! Thrilled to hear it's giving you those authentic Italian vibes right at home – there's nothing like enjoying a scoop of creamy goodness straight from your own kitchen! 😋🍦

This gelato recipe looks amazing! Has anyone tried adding some fresh fruit or chocolate chips? Can't wait to make this for a summer treat! 🍦🍓🍫

Thanks! 🍦✨ Adding fresh fruit or chocolate chips sounds like a bomb idea... totally amps up the flavor! Can't wait to hear how yours turns out. Thanks for the suggestion! Enjoy making it and let me know if you have any other cool ideas!

Back