Gooey Butter Cookies 🧈πŸͺ

Hey guys, I recently baked some delicious Gooey Butter Cookies. I absolutely love these cookies because they are sweet, have an ultra-soft texture, and are easy to make. I enjoy dunking these cookies in a glass of cold milk or oat milk which makes them even more perfect! I'm sure you will love them too. πŸ₯°

Gooey Butter Cookies.jpg

Ingredients:

• 1/2 cup (113g) salted butter, room temperature (1 stick) European style recommended
  • 8 ounces (227g) cream cheese, room temperature (1 brick)
  • 1 1/2 cups (300g) granulated sugar
  • 1 large egg, room temperature
  • 1 teaspoon (4g) almond extract
  • 2 1/4 cups (270g) all-purpose flour
  • 1/2 cup (57g) powdered sugar, divided
  • 1 tablespoon (12g) baking powder
Equipment:
  • Stand mixer
  • Baking sheet
  • Parchment paper
  • Cookie scoop
Instructions:
  1. Preheat your oven to 350Β°F (175Β°C).
  2. In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat together the room temperature butter, cream cheese, and granulated sugar until smooth and creamy.
  3. With the mixer running, add the egg and almond extract. Mix until well combined.
  4. In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, and 1/4 cup of powdered sugar.
  5. With the stand mixer on low speed, slowly add the dry flour mixture to the wet ingredients until a smooth dough forms.
  6. Cover the dough and refrigerate for 30 minutes to firm up.
  7. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. Place the remaining 1/4 cup of powdered sugar in a shallow bowl.
  8. Use a 2-tablespoon cookie scoop to portion out the dough. Roll each portion into a ball, then coat it fully in the powdered sugar.
  9. Arrange the coated cookie dough balls on the prepared baking sheet, leaving space between each. Bake for 10-11 minutes, until the cookies are set around the edges but still soft in the center.
  10. Allow the cookies to cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes, then transfer them to a wire rack to cool completely.
Tips:
  • Ensure your butter, cream cheese, and egg are at room temperature for smooth mixing.
  • Refrigerating the dough helps prevent spreading and results in a chewier texture.
  • Don't overbake if you prefer gooey-centered cookies; they should be slightly underbaked when removed from the oven.
  • These Gooey Butter Cookies are perfect for any occasion and are sure to satisfy your sweet tooth! Enjoy their soft, melt-in-your-mouth texture with a hint of almond flavor.

How to make it really gooey? I've been trying to make my cookies gooey but I always fail LOL

If you wanna make your cookies super gooey, try slightly underbaking them. Take 'em out of the oven when they still look a bit soft in the center. Let 'em cool a bit on the baking sheet before transferring. Also, using more brown sugar than white sugar can amp up the chewy factor. I'm sure 100 percent it will be gonna perfect! πŸ’―

If you wanna make your cookies super gooey, try slightly underbaking them. Take 'em out of the oven when they still look a bit soft in the center. Let 'em cool a bit on the baking sheet before transferring. Also, using more brown sugar than white sugar can amp up the chewy factor. I'm sure 100 percent it will be gonna perfect! πŸ’―
Thank you for this tip! I always loved gooey cookies!! :love:

How to make it really gooey? I've been trying to make my cookies gooey but I always fail LOL
Hey there! Don't worry, getting that perfect gooey texture can be a bit tricky at first, but I'm here to help! One tip that has always worked for me is slightly underbaking the cookies. That way, they're still soft and gooey in the middle when you take them out of the oven πŸ₯°

Hey there! Don't worry, getting that perfect gooey texture can be a bit tricky at first, but I'm here to help! One tip that has always worked for me is slightly underbaking the cookies. That way, they're still soft and gooey in the middle when you take them out of the oven πŸ₯°
Thanks for the tip! I'll try underbaking the cookies next time to get that perfect gooey texture. Appreciate the advice! πŸͺ😊

Back