Grandma's Famous Cornbread

asaproque

Culinary Explorer
Hey y'all! Today, I'm thrilled to share with you a cherished recipe straight from my grandma's kitchen – her Famous Cornbread. This recipe has been passed down through generations, and let me tell you, it's a true Southern gem. So, gather 'round and get ready to savor the warm, comforting flavors of this classic dish!
76594-grandmothers-buttermilk-cornbread-beauty-3x4-0135064414801604-dd84dcaf1d0f421eb3b6fdced8...jpg

Ingredients:
  • 1 cup yellow cornmeal
  • 1 cup all-purpose flour
  • 1 tablespoon baking powder
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1/4 cup granulated sugar (optional for a sweeter cornbread)
  • 1 cup buttermilk
  • 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
  • 2 large eggs
Instructions:
  1. Preheat your oven to 400°F (200°C) and grease a cast-iron skillet or 9x9-inch baking dish.
  2. In a large mixing bowl, combine the cornmeal, flour, baking powder, salt, and sugar (if using).
  3. In a separate bowl, whisk together the buttermilk, melted butter, and eggs until well combined.
  4. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir until just combined. Be careful not to overmix; a few lumps are okay.
  5. Pour the batter into the prepared skillet or baking dish, spreading it out evenly.
  6. Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until the cornbread is golden brown on top and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
  7. Remove from the oven and let it cool for a few minutes before slicing and serving.
This Southern Cornbread is perfect alongside a hearty bowl of chili, a plate of fried chicken, or simply slathered with butter and honey. It's a taste of Southern comfort that'll have you coming back for seconds – and maybe even thirds! Enjoy, y'all!

🌽💕 Oh my, this recipe is just too cute! I can already imagine baking it with my besties for a cozy night in. Let's spread love and warmth through homemade goodies like this. Thanks for sharing! 🥰👩‍🍳

Back