Greek-Inspired Lemon Herb Grilled Chicken Salad

asaproque

Culinary Explorer
Yasou, foodies! Get ready to savor the fresh and vibrant flavors of Greece in this Greek-Inspired Lemon Herb Grilled Chicken Salad. This fusion dish combines the zest of lemon and fragrant herbs with tender grilled chicken and crisp salad greens for a Mediterranean culinary delight. With juicy chicken, tangy feta cheese, briny olives, and a zesty lemon herb dressing, each bite is a burst of sunshine and flavor. Let's dive in and transport your taste buds to the shores of Greece with this delicious salad!
__opt__aboutcom__coeus__resources__content_migration__serious_eats__seriouseats.com__images__2...jpg

Ingredients:
For the Lemon Herb Grilled Chicken:
  • 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
  • Zest and juice of 2 lemons
  • 2 cloves garlic, minced
  • 2 tablespoons fresh chopped herbs (such as oregano, thyme, and rosemary)
  • 2 tablespoons olive oil
  • Salt and pepper, to taste
For the Salad:
  • Mixed salad greens (such as lettuce, spinach, and arugula)
  • Cherry tomatoes, halved
  • Cucumber, sliced
  • Red onion, thinly sliced
  • Kalamata olives
  • Crumbled feta cheese
For the Lemon Herb Dressing:
  • 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
  • Zest and juice of 1 lemon
  • 1 tablespoon fresh chopped herbs (such as oregano, thyme, and parsley)
  • 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
  • 1 clove garlic, minced
  • Salt and pepper, to taste
Instructions:
  1. In a bowl, combine lemon zest, lemon juice, minced garlic, chopped herbs, olive oil, salt, and pepper to make the marinade for the chicken.
  2. Place the chicken breasts in a shallow dish or resealable plastic bag. Pour the marinade over the chicken, making sure each piece is well coated. Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes, or up to 4 hours to marinate.
  3. Preheat your grill or grill pan to medium-high heat. Remove the chicken from the marinade and discard the excess marinade.
  4. Grill the chicken breasts for 6-8 minutes per side, or until cooked through and charred grill marks appear. Remove from heat and let rest for a few minutes before slicing.
  5. While the chicken is grilling, prepare the salad ingredients. In a large bowl, combine mixed salad greens, halved cherry tomatoes, sliced cucumber, thinly sliced red onion, Kalamata olives, and crumbled feta cheese.
  6. In a small jar or bowl, whisk together extra virgin olive oil, lemon zest, lemon juice, chopped herbs, Dijon mustard, minced garlic, salt, and pepper to make the lemon herb dressing.
  7. Drizzle the lemon herb dressing over the salad and toss to coat evenly.
  8. Slice the grilled chicken breasts and arrange them on top of the dressed salad.
  9. Serve your Greek-Inspired Lemon Herb Grilled Chicken Salad immediately, and enjoy the fresh and vibrant flavors of Greece in every bite!
With its tender grilled chicken, crisp salad greens, tangy feta cheese, and zesty lemon herb dressing, this Greek-Inspired Lemon Herb Grilled Chicken Salad is a celebration of Mediterranean flavors and freshness. Whether you're looking for a light and healthy meal or craving a taste of the Mediterranean, this salad is sure to satisfy your cravings and transport your taste buds to the sunny shores of Greece. Opa!

This Greek-Inspired Lemon Herb Grilled Chicken Salad sounds like a taste of summer! Seriously, this salad seems like a trip to Greece on a plate. 🌞 Can't wait to give it a try and let my taste buds take a mini vacation to those sunny shores. 🤩

Wow, this Greek-Inspired Lemon Herb Grilled Chicken Salad sounds absolutely amazing! 🥗🍋 I love the fresh flavors of Greek cuisine, and combining it with grilled chicken is just perfect. Can't wait to try this recipe! 😋 Thanks for sharing!

I think grilling chicken with lemon zest and thyme gives a citrusy kick to the salad. Though topping with a dollop of tzatziki sauce adds creamy goodness! 🍗🍋🥣

That sounds delicious! Tzatziki really does bring everything together, doesn’t it? 😋👌
I think grilling chicken with lemon zest and thyme gives a citrusy kick to the salad. Though topping with a dollop of tzatziki sauce adds creamy goodness! 🍗🍋🥣

The recipe was my starting point. I never can follow directions lol I always have to add my own spin.Thanks for the dressing and salad recipe. It was a hit!👌👌☺️

Greek-Inspired Lemon Herb Grilled Chicken Salad looks delicious! 🥗🍋 The fresh flavors and zesty lemon sound like the perfect combo. Can’t wait to dig into this! 😍

Back