Halloumi & Watermelon Skewers with Mint Pesto Recipe

Cora_Bates

Culinary Explorer
Hey everyone!

Grilling season is here, and who says grilling has to be all about burgers and hot dogs? I just whipped up these Halloumi & Watermelon Skewers with Mint Pesto, and let me tell you, they are a total game-changer!

This recipe is a symphony of sweet, salty, and savory flavors. The grilled halloumi cheese gets nice and melty, while the watermelon adds a refreshing burst of sweetness. The mint pesto ties everything together with its vibrant herb flavor. It's a taste bud explosion in every single bite, and it's guaranteed to impress your grilling guests!

Plus, it's incredibly easy to make. Perfect for a last-minute appetizer or a light and refreshing main course on a hot summer day.

Halloumi & Watermelon Skewers with Mint Pesto Recipe.jpeg

Here's what you'll need:
  • 1 block halloumi cheese, cut into 1-inch cubes
  • 1 seedless watermelon, cut into 1-inch cubes
  • 1 tablespoon olive oil
  • Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
  • 1/2 cup fresh mint leaves
  • 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
  • 1/4 cup pine nuts
  • 1 clove garlic, minced
  • 1/4 cup olive oil
Here's how to make it:
  1. Preheat your grill to medium-high heat. Lightly oil the grates.
  2. In a small blender or food processor, combine the mint leaves, Parmesan cheese, pine nuts, garlic, and olive oil. Blend until smooth. This is your mint pesto!
  3. Thread the halloumi cubes and watermelon cubes alternately onto skewers.
  4. Brush the skewers with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
  5. Grill the skewers for 2-3 minutes per side, or until the halloumi cheese is golden brown and the watermelon is slightly softened.
  6. Drizzle the grilled skewers with the mint pesto and serve immediately.
These Halloumi & Watermelon Skewers are the perfect way to add some excitement to your next barbecue! They're unique, flavorful, and sure to be a crowd-pleaser. So ditch the boring grilled veggies and give these skewers a try! I have a feeling they'll become your new favorite summer grill recipe.

Oh my Goodness, those are killer skewers! Grilled halloumi and watermelon served alongside mint pesto? What a first class cooking then! Let's give it a shot at my next BBQ, it'd be so much fun! 🤩

Yay! This sweet and salty combo sounds amazing, and the mint pesto adds that perfect pop of freshness 😋🥰 Definitely gonna try this next time I fire up the grill 🔥

Yum! Halloumi & Watermelon Skewers with Mint Pesto? Sounds delicious! 😋 Thanks for sharing the recipe! Can't wait to try it out! 🍉🌿

Back