Hash Browns Recipe

Ye In

Culinary Explorer
Hey there, foodies! Ready to elevate your breakfast game? Today, I'm sharing my foolproof recipe for crispy and golden hash browns. Get ready to impress with every crunchy bite! Let's dive into the deliciousness.

Hash Browns.jpg

Ingredients
▢600 grams potato peeled
▢1 teaspoon salt
▢6 tablespoon cornstarch
▢¼ teaspoon black pepper
▢½ teaspoon onion powder
▢¼ teaspoon oregano
▢1 tablespoon parmesan cheese
▢1 tablespoon oil to fry the grated potatoes

TO FRY THE HASH BROWN
▢Enough oil to deep fry

Instructions
1. Grate the potatoes and then wash it with cold water three times and drain it. It is best to use cheese cloth to drain the grated potatoes to get rid of as much water as possible.
2. In a hot pan, add one tablespoon oil or olive oil. When the oil is hot add the grated potatoes and stir on medium heat to prevent the potatoes from sticking to the pan until the potatoes are a little soft but has a bit to them.
3. Take the grated potatoes off the heat and add the cornstarch, mix well. Add all the spices and mix until combined.
4. On a parchment paper place the hash brown mixture. Place another parchment paper over the potatoes. Press the potatoes down with your hand and then use a rolling pin to spread the hash brown mixture as thin or thick you want.
5. Remove the top parchment and cut the rolled-out mixture to any shape you want, make it big or small.
6. In a frying pan, add enough cooking oil to deep fry the hash brown. Do not crowd the pan with hash browns so you can flip them freely.
7. Cook the hash brown to golden or to brown if you want it crispier. Make sure the oil is not too hot or the hash brown will get darker in color quickly while will stay dough from the middle.
8. Remove the hash brown from the oil and place it over a cooling rack to allow the extra oil to drip out and let the air hit it from all side which will prevent it from going soggy.
9. Serve with your favorite dip

Happy cooking and enjoy your hash browns!

This hash browns recipe is a total breakfast game-changer! From washing the potatoes to using parchment paper, it's all about the deets. And don't even get me started on the cornstarch and spices - flavor explosion! Get ready to level up your breakfast game with these crispy, flavorful babies. And serving them with your fave dip? Absolute genius move. It's time to whip out the frying pan and upgrade my breakfast routine! 🥔🍳👌

Delicious! 😋 For Hash Browns, grate potatoes, squeeze out excess moisture, and season with salt and pepper. Cook in a skillet with oil until golden brown and crispy on both sides. Enjoy your crispy potato goodness! 🥔🔥

Back